"Where did you go off to?" He mutters lowly and I swear I could feel a sea of butterflies erupt in my stomach due to the depth of his voice. His voice was the type of voice that is so easy to fall in love with, a type of voice that drove away all your fears.

"Nowhere, I was in the library," I reply, shrugging, hoping he wouldn't detect any nervousness in my lie.

"Then why did I see you getting into a car at the back of the academy?" He arches an eyebrow while I bite my lip, trying to process some excuses. Luck was not on my side today.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I roll my eyes at him, "You probably saw someone else."

"There is no way I could ever mistake you for someone else," he whispers, running his fingers through my hair.

"So tell me where did you go off to yesterday, Anna?" He pushes the question again and I could see him reaching out his hand to hold my hand but it was too late for that.

I feel a hand rest on my shoulder and pull me back.

"I'm sorry, Elijah. I need to borrow Anna for a few seconds. The Headmaster is calling her," Nico throws him a small smile before pulling onto my hand.

"Wait," Elijah mutters and I glance back at him, waiting for him to continue.

"Meet me after you're done," he states, his tone sounding demanding, and I nod. He glances at me before looking at Nico and walking away with his hands in his pockets, glaring at everything in his way.

"He's bound to find everything out," Nico sighs, glancing at Elijah walk away before we start to walk towards the building.

"I know," I breathe out, "He's already starting to put pieces together, maybe I should just disappear."

"But what excuse did you manage to come up with so I can bunk school?" I glance at Nico with hopeful eyes.

"Ah, that you'll find out about that soon," he reassures me as we stand outside the man's office and Nico knocks on it before we are granted permission to enter his office.

"Miss Sinclair, I already know about your project so you don't need to worry about not gaining permission to leave school," Headmaster Wilson smiles at me and I immediately look at Nico.

"He's talking about the Biology project you'll do at my hospital for three days," Nico sends me a small grin and I part my lips for a few seconds before forcing a smile.

"Oh, that," I chuckle, "I'm so excited to start it," I mutter, feigning a smile.

"Good luck on that, Miss Sinclair. I'm sure you'll ace it," the man smiles at us as Nico opens the door to leave.

"Thank you, Headmaster," I feign a smile before leaving the office.

The moment the door shuts behind us, I glare at Nico, "I thought I told you that I don't want to do school work but this project or whatever is going to make me do extra work," I groan, leaning on the wall.

"That's the only reason you won't have to attend school," he scoffs, rolling his eyes at me as he pulls me off the wall.

"I don't wanna go to a hospital and do work," I frown, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Who said that you need to do work?" He arches an eyebrow at me.

I stare at him for a few seconds before a huge grin breaks out on my face, "I knew you would never betray me. You're the best. Did I ever tell you how much I love you?"

"No," he looks at me as if I had gone crazy, "But you do tell me how much you love food every fucking day."

"Well, you're officially on my good list," I grin, "I will gladly listen to you."