31 : Who Did You Kill?

Start from the beginning

"Don't tell me Stella showed you how the dress looked." I groan.

Stefan chuckles beside me but shakes his head in negative. "No but she did help me pick out the right shade of tie. She was so excited, it was as if I'm getting married or something."

The word marriage turns me into a tomato and Stefan laughs loudly, turning a few curious heads in our direction. Oh God! I'm still not over how almost everyone was gossiping about me kissing his cheeks the other day and I even heard some girls in the bathroom talking about how I'm hooking up with him. Thankfully, one of the girls who was at that stupid party assured them that it was all a part of the dare.

I scoff, trying to cool my burning cheeks. "You'll have to do much more than buy flowers and write me love notes to get married, Stef."

Stefan pauses in his steps and turns me to face him. "Oh trust me, Emery," He starts leaning down towards me, his breath fanning my neck as he goes to whisper in my ears, "I'm saving up for buying the diamond and I'm already writing up my wedding vows."

With a feathery kiss on my cheek, he was gone to join his friends and I was left with a fleeting image of me walking down the isle, a wedding gown on my body, a shining diamond on my finger and a boy, no, a man standing at the altar, waiting for me to recite his vows.

I shake my head and shiver slightly to get rid of that image and walk towards my friends to eat and gossip that's my life, pretty much.

"We saw that." Keith said, grinning as I plopped on the ground beside him.

I shrugged innocently. "Wow, Keith. You can see." I bit back sarcastically.

He threw chips at me and me being the good catcher that I am, caught a few pieces in my mouth and stuck my tongue out at him in victory.

Hannah cleared her throat beside us causing us to snap our heads in our direction. "I have something to tell you guys." She started with the most serious face she could muster while blushing.

"Sure, what is it?" Keith asked, throwing his chips up and trying to catch it in his mouth. Ha, that's for experts baby.

She fidgets, my Hannah, causing me to narrow my eyes at her. She's nervous as she plays with the hem of her dress and avoids meeting our eyes. "Uh, before I start though, I need you both to know that I never meant for this to happen but now that it has, I think you should know."

Keith suddenly becomes serious and looks Hannah straight in the eye. "Who did you kill and where are we burying the body?"

Hannah rolls her eyes, hitting Keith as she chuckles and I can see that she's thankful to him for lightening the mood. "I did not kill anybody, doofus." She exclaims and passes a glance at me. I have been quiet ever since she started speaking because honestly, I don't have anything to say. Also, because I feel like she's telling this only because she thinks I'm mad at her which makes me feel guilty. She should be able to tell her secrets when she wants and not because I made her feel like.

"It's okay if you're not ready to tell us, Han. You're not obligated." I tell her in a sincere voice using her nickname so she knows I'm not mad.

Hannah chuckles shakily and shakes her head. "Oh I am ready but I'm nervous. I don't know how you guys are gonna react when you hear this."

"Okay, just spill it out already then, before I die. And I swear if it's not at least half as interesting as hiding a dead body, I'm divorcing you." Keith says and pouts trying to be adorable. Sad thing is that he is already.

"Uh....," Hannah starts, her cheeks staining scarlet as she looks away and I catch her looking towards the top of the bleachers for just a second and follow her gaze to see Ethan already looking down at us. Well, at her but same difference. I grin inwardly, having an idea on where this might go.