Extra Chapter 01

[Note : This chapter runs parallel to chapter 26 and 27 meaning what happened there and what is happening here is all happening on the same day and at the same time. I suggest you go back and read whatever was in that chapter so you can keep up. If that's a chore, I'm putting a brief recap of Chapter 27 here, proceed only after reading this recap.]

Chapter 27 Recap

Clara gets back home to find Josie watching tv and everyone else is doing whatever they were doing. Carl, Samantha and Stella were the only one's who weren't home. During dinner, Clara watches the news of the flood in Cambodia and the report of seven missing doctors, she hyperventilates and worries about her parents. Stefan takes her out for ice-cream where they see Carl and Stella in compromising situation and Stefan punches Carl.

THIRD PERSON POV

When Carl woke up Monday morning, his plan for the day included having a heart breakfast, joke around with his siblings until he drops them at school, hurry up to his college and make out with his amazing girlfriend Tanya as soon as he sees her before pretending to study in his classes.

He actually did have a hearty breakfast, teased his favorite sister Clara all the way to school even though he should have at least pretended to be a strict brother who's kid sister was drunk on a school night and then headed off to college.

Tanya was still not around when he got up to his locker and while he waited, something else caught his attention.

At the back of the west wing where most of his classes were, was the old, abandoned college building, what used to be the old east wing until a few years ago. And there, in the broken debris of bricks and stones were a bunch of girls.

Carl would have ignored it, after all, he was never the one even slightly interested in girl drama unless it was for his Tanya and his sisters but when a familiar blonde head caught his eye, he knew he had to at least see what's it about. His hasty footsteps took him down the stairs and towards where no one but stoners went to get high before he could even think twice about it.

"So it is true that you're crushing hard on Gemma from Biology." A red head laughed as she pushed around the blonde who look terrified upon hearing the accusation.

"Of course she is, Mel. It's so clear when Miss Royalty here keeps giving googly eyes to Gemma throughout the lecture. And how she follows her around all around the college." The blonde with blue highlights said twirling her hair as she smirked at the lost, scared puppy.

"Sh - she's just my friend!" She blabbered but it didn't sound convincing.

"Stella?" Carl called out her name, slowly and cautiously still unsure of what he'd heard.

"Oh, Carl." The red head, Meredith said smiling flirtatiously at him as the other three girls turned to face with exact same grin plastered on there face too. However, the blonde he had his eyes on was petrified, eyes wide with Carl presence around too, so much that he could already see the tears building in her eyes.

"What's going on here?" He asked facing the four bitches, his voice cold.

"Oh." The other blonde, Nadine smirked as she put her hand on Carl's arm which disgusted the guy as he took a step back. The blonde's smirk, however, never faded. "Did you know that little miss goody-two-shoes here is into girls? I mean, it was pretty obvious, her crush of Gemma Ackerman from biology."