49 - PLANS

[ PLANS ]

༺═──────────────═༻

"You're avoiding him."

"I am not avoiding Murphy." Sayah rolled her eyes.

Sayah was avoiding Murphy. Ever since she offered to be tested at the lab which obviously, didn't leave Murphy too happy, she had been avoiding him. . . slightly. She knew he was mad, and he had his reasons, because if it was the other way around, she would be too. But it was the only solution they had at the time, and if everyone surviving meant one person had to sacrifice themselves, then she would do it.

Luckily now, they didn't exactly have to worry about that. Jaha and the others had found a bunker in Polis, one that could fit over 1000 people—something like that—inside. One that could save them from the radiation for five years.

Murphy, Emori, and Raven stayed behind at the lab while Abby, Clarke, Roan, Miller, Jackson and Sayah made their way to Polis. Sayah wanted to bang her head against the side of the truck when Abby spoke up again.

"You should just talk to him." She suggested in the familiar motherly tone. The truck shook and Sayah sighed as she gripped the side of the truck. Could Miller drive normally? She missed Bellamy, although she would never admit it.

"We will. . . eventually." Sayah reassured. "Now can we just focus on surviving?"

"Haven't we been doing that?" Clarke questioned the girl, brow raised with a small smile on her face. It was good to see on her—Sayah noticed the girl was always frowning or just too serious. She had a lot on her plate. Sayah grinned back, a small chuckle falling from her lips.

The truck suddenly stopped, tyres scraping along the snow as Miller braked. "We must be at the tunnel." Clarke noted aloud. Roan didn't hesitate to make his way out of the truck quickly.

"You not enjoying our gossip, my king?" Sayah chuckled, sliding a bag across the floor to where he stood on the ground. She stepped forward, ready to hop down but he placed his hands on her waist, bringing her down quickly. "What a gentleman." Sayah snorted.

Roan let out a small sound of disapproval. "Just being nice." He avoided her gaze.

"Clarke give you that advice?" Sayah asked him, brows raised questioningly.

"More of an apology. For dropping you on your head." He replied nonchalantly, turning to Clarke as they waited for her and Abby to hop out too.

"Clarke, can I talk to you for a second?" Abby stopped her daughter, not looking like she was ready to leave the truck anytime soon.

Clarke furrowed her brows, but nodded to Roan and Sayah nonetheless. "I'll catch up."

Sayah and Roan shared a glance before the king's eyes darted between the two Griffin women suspiciously. He stayed silent, taking a bag and clutching it over his shoulder before leaving out towards the tunnels. Sayah went to follow him but Abby stopped her too. "Sayah, just wait here for a moment."

Sayah frowned, confused, and watched as Roan turned back to her, expecting her to follow as well. "I'll catch up too. . . I guess." She mumbled the last part quietly, still confused. Roan simply nodded before turning away again and continuing on.