38 - FAMILIARITY

[ FAMILIARITY]

༺═──────────────═༻

   "Sayah, you could convince her." Clarke mumbled softly as a woman spoke a speech—her story, loudly to the crowd around them.

"To become Commander?" Sayah questioned, hands fiddling in her lap. "No, she won't. . . she won't listen to me."

"I think she will." Clarke replied, eyes serious. "You're the only one she'll take time to really listen to."

Suddenly, the doors opened and Luna and her partner, Derrick entered. "She's here. Maybe she changed her mind." Bellamy said as he got up. Clarke followed, pulling Sayah up by her hand and bringing her with them.

Sayah looked less than pleased—suddenly feeling very awkward.

The trio stopped in front of her and Luna's glanced between them, eyes lingering on Sayah. "The boats return at nightfall. Then you leave. Forever."

"Luna, let us explain." Clarke began.

"I said no." Luna went to brush past them.

"No, you need to hear this." Bellamy spoke up as he moved into her path. Derrick, who stood beside Luna put a hand on Bellamy's chest cautiously. Sayah's eyes followed it as it fell back to his side. When she looked over to Luna, the girl was already looking at her. Sayah broke the eye contact, glancing at Bellamy who began to speak.

"There is something out there that is going to destroy us all." Bellamy told her.

"Whatever it is," Luna began and Sayah couldn't get over how soft her voice was, even after all these years. "It can't reach us here."

She went to brush past them again and Clarke shot Sayah a desperate look. Sayah frowned at her, not wanting to attempt to talk to her. Clarke raised her eyebrows, urging her on. Sayah cursed her under breath before following after Luna, grabbing her hand lightly. "Hey."

Luna turned to her, lips quirked up slightly. "Yes?" Sayah dropped Luna's hand from hers slowly. "Did you want Lincoln's book back?"

"Uh, no. Octavia would though. I'm not here for that. Uh—Perhaps my methods of convincing you, will do better than theirs." Sayah gestured to Bellamy and Clarke as she searched Luna's eyes.

"And what would you have in mind?" Luna questioned softly. Sayah swallowed the lump forming in her throat.

"Asking 'please'?" Sayah cocked her head. Luna smiled warmly at her and Sayah couldn't help but smile as well. Luna still had that effect. She didn't say anything in return, the smile disappearing slowly as she took Sayah's hand in hers again and pulled her along as they made their way over to where Octavia and Jasper sat.

"We need to talk." Luna told Octavia gently.

Sayah didn't miss our Jasper rose a brow at the two girls' intertwined hands. She simply kicked his shin lightly. "That's my cue." He muttered before leaving the girls alone.

Sayah took a seat beside Luna. "I thought you'd want this back." Luna passed the Lincoln's book over to Octavia.

Octavia let out a small huff before taking it from her. "Thank you. And my sword?"