18 - TRUST & BETRAYAL

[ TRUST & BETRAYAL ]

༺═──────────────═༻

   Murphy was adamant about not going with the others to Tondc to burn Finn's body. Sayah had decided she was going with them, wanting to stay with Octavia and Lincoln and be there for her village's grieving.

"Promise I'll be back soon." Sayah had told him before she left. Murphy had rolled his eyes but kissed her a sweet goodbye nonetheless, telling her to be safe.

As she walked alongside Lincoln and Octavia during the trip, it was silent. Then Octavia cleared her throat.

"So, Sayah, I see you and Murphy are. . ."

Sayah scoffed. "We are not doing this."

Lincoln raised his eyebrows. "It seemed I was the last to know that you and him are together now."

Sayah smiled at him teasingly. "Yes, well it was quite difficult considering you being a Reaper and well. . . a war, brother." Lincoln shoved her playfully and Sayah giggled. Octavia shook her head at the two with a smile.

Sayah's eyes travelled up to Clarke who spoke with Bellamy while they walked up ahead. "Has anyone checked up on Clarke?" Sayah mumbled.

"I don't think anyone's really happy with her at the moment." Octavia replied.

"She did what she had to." Sayah frowned. "In my eyes, she is strong. What she did however, will haunt her forever."

"Is Sayah always this wise?" Sayah heard Octavia whisper to Lincoln.

"I heard that, Via." She narrowed her eyes at Octavia.

Lincoln simply smiled and replied lowly, "I taught her some things but besides that, yes, she is quite wise herself."

Sayah rolled her eyes at his words before glancing over to him. He grinned back at her. "Good to have you back, brother." Sayah patted his shoulder.

༺═──────────────═༻

That night when they all stopped to rest, Sayah and Lincoln returned from catching a small rabbit. As they walked to go sit back beside Octavia, a voice muttered out single word from behind them: "Natrona."

Sayah and Lincoln both froze in their tracks. Sayah knew instantly it was Indra and when Lincoln turned his head to look, she was right. Indra didn't look back at them once.

Sayah sighed in annoyance and continued to sit down beside Octavia at their small campfire. "Natrona?" Octavia repeated, confused.

"It means traitor." Sayah snarled, eyes on the fire.

"My people fear me." Lincoln murmured. "They think the Reaper's still inside." He laid down on his back.

"You can talk to us," Octavia spoke to him. "About what happened."

"I can't." Lincoln responded slowly.