Part 27

Vaidharbhi...

I smiled when I walked out only to find Rama anna's voice on top of the house. Rushing in, I heard what they were saying. "Devendra is going to be the pathi of my sister. Is Megnath really not seeing that Devendra is not the one for my sister ??" he asked. A gasp escaped from me.

Devendra has been asked for my hand.

Appa has decided.

They are going to get me married to Devendra, not to my Mukundh ??

What would Mukundh think of me ??

Will he hate me for this ??

Does he doubt that I knew this before ??

Will I be able to live with a guilt that would kill my heart ??

Everything around me was starting to spin. I couldn't hold myself. My leg is giving up. I tried to breathe but nothing is going as per the wanting of my heart. I couldn't see properly due to the tears, i couldn't breathe as my heart is hurting in breaking realising why did he suddenly showed infront of my house. Appa didn't even say a word. Was it not his daughter ?? Doesn't my consent matter to him ?? Am i such a bad daughter for him ??

I collapsed on the floor but before my eyes could drop I found a pair of strong hands holding me tight. I knew who it was. The one i would always love till my very last breath.

"Mukundh..." i mumbled... He just nodded and held me to his heart. I didn't want to leave this very place. This very place where his heart is placed. He saw me and held me tight. His heart was agonizingly beating fast just as mine. He held me in such a tight i felt i was his part, the very part where i was rightfully claimed as his. Yes I am his , I am only his. I cannot think of anyone to tie the knot around my neck other than the one who is holding me against my own fight. He is the one I wanted to be with.

But what if appa has decided ?? Will I be able to accept anyone other than Mukundh as my pathi ?? Is my feminine form accepting the concept of what i am facing now ?? Loving a person while marrying another ?? It would be better for me to commit agni snaan (jumping into fire) rather than doing that sin. I have decided. It is either Mukundh or death. Rather than letting fate to win my life i would happily let death win me.

"I am not leaving you priye. I am very bad at sharing things and you are mine. And do you think I am going to slip in between my fingers? If this means to fight against the brahma (the god of creation) then i would gladly wage a war priye. You are only mine and I am going to do anything for that. Do i make myself clear my priye ??" He asked me. I could only nod. He pulled away from me but I clutched his poonal (sacred thread) and held his hand tight. I tried to speak but nothing came out from my mouth. He only nodded his head which encouraged me to speak.

I need to confess that i never knew these things before. I wanted him to see that i am innocent in this matter. "I.... I ...." i tried to speak but it came as a mere whisper. Hey madhav please give me strength to speak.

"I.... i did....n't know this Mukundh... please trust me i never knew this before. If only i had known i would have died so that no one would be hurt. " I said and that's when my heart busted into tears. He held me in between his palm. I held his wrist and looked at his peacock coloured eyes of his.

"I know you know nothing about this. I know you are pure as gold. You know nothing about what ever happened. I trust you" he said and could feel myself breathe. He trusts me. He trusts me. I breathed freely. I gulped and nodded my head. I held myself in him.

That day went with nothing but pain. Appa still yet to speak about that to me. All that i was told by him was he is going tomorrow for some days and also he said Sangamitra and Devendra are leaving with Mukundh as Rama anna is going to be with me to take care off me. I didn't ask where. All i did was just nod. He placed his hand on my head and saw me with the way as if i was a fragile glass doll. I was shocked and gasped. He saw me with a small smile on his face.

"Appa ??" i asked him. He nodded his head and said "never knew my daughter is all grown up. Time flies Vaidharbhi. Never forget whatever your appa does it is only for his daughter's well being." He said and i just nodded. I was confused. Why is he saying these things now ??

That night as always Mukundh came to me. We sat there behind our house. Never once we spoke. Just sat in the night. It was as though we couldn't bring ourselves to speak. He just held me tight.

"Tomorrow appa is leaving and you are going with akka, Rama anna is going to be with me." I whispered. He said nothing. He is feeling just as me. I know him and his silence. Many said words were the medium of understanding but i would proudly say i can even understand the silence of my Mukundh. He is probably as devastated as i am. Appa beforehand said he would leave me before the day breaks and Rama anna will come home after his daily sandhi. So i just held Mukundh tight to me and we sat in silence.

I stood up and he looked at me. A tear ran from my eye to my cheeks. He stood up immediately to wipe them away from me. "These are precious priye. I would do anything to make this precious tears stop.."

Sucking a harsh breath i said " then please stop the marriage but don't do anything that would hurt anyone. The knot that would be tied around my neck should be your's no one else's."

"You have my word my rani. I would be the one who would rule you, no one has got that right. Not in this birth or any births any further." he said with determined eyes. I just nodded and walked in but before i could go i held his hand and said "take care and come soon to me Mukund." He turned to see me and we stared each other forgetting everything around us and we just saw our souls through our eyes. He just nodded and walked towards the wall he jumped from my house's wall to his.

My heart felt constrained when i found no one was around. It was only me and me alone. WIth a sigh i walked towards the river and drew the waters after taking a bath and washing my clothes. When I entered the house i was out of words.

There he stood in his masculine glory.

Mukundh.

I blinked few times until i could finally realise i am not dreaming and he is really here.

"You think i would leave this opportunity of being with my priye ??" he asked me. I blinked.

"Ahh... aaa"i was trying to speak. He laughed a bit and said "Your rama anna is leaving with your akka. And that Devendra needs to be handled by your brother." He said, making me gasp in fear. "Ask him not to beat too much. You know.." i said shyly, making him throw his head back and laugh. Pulling me to him he held me by my waist. I smiled and sighed at the warmth around my heart.

"This is where I belong, my rani..." he whispered nuzzing his face in between my wet hair. I closed my eyes as it felt so good. Holding him tight i placed my head on his heart.

"This is where i belong, my raja." i said in a mere whisper. His hold was now very tight. I smiled and closed my eyes with a small smile playing on my lips.

This is where i always belong.

With him

His arms around me

My head listening to his heartbeat as a lullaby.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Finally made it... so i hope you guys liked it.

Share me your views.

I hope this is a soon update.

Please share me your views on this update.

Until next update.

Your love...

Shri...

Xoxox.