28: Holidays

A/N: Christmas update! Yayayay! Sooooooo after I've completed this book, I will be editing parts, btdubs. Also, I'm switiching peoples' characters. I know I do this alot, but I change my mind alot!

If you have any ideas for any characters, tell me! I cannot find ANYONE for Analise! Thanks for reading!

Merry Christmas<3

Liam

It's been a week and a half since Analise has been gone. A week and a half. The cops say that they're working on a warrant to search Wilder's house, but with his parents away, they can't just go barging in- or something like that.

With only two days until Christmas, it's becoming harder and harder for me to celebrate, especially with Annie not here. Every piece of mistletoe has me yearning for her to be back in my arms.

Despite the fact that our house has been decorated since November 28th, it's like I'm just now seeing all of the extravagant decorations. They're mainly reminders that a should-be happy season isn't. They're everywhere, since my mother is a bit of a fanatic about these kinds of things.

She's continually tried to cheer me up by making christmas cookies, or attempting to decorate my room, but I always tell her I'm not interested.

I spurt the same thing when she tries to coax me or bribe me into going to lame Christmas parties or nativities. Don't get me wrong, I love babyJesus, I just don't want to see a reenactment of him if Annie isn't by my side.

Since, my family is so crazy about Christmas, they even flew down to Alabama to attend a service called "An Eclectic Christmas." They made me go, but I stayed in the hotel while they went. We returned two days ago.

My mother thought it would be a good idea, but it turned out that she was wrong. All I did was mope and think about the warrant. I throw a chunk of protein powder into the blender as I think about what I'm going to say to Wilder when they catch him.

Oh, when I get my hands on him- the ringing of my telephone pulls me from my violent thoughts, and I immediately pick it up as I recognize the Sheriff's phone number.

"Hello?" I splutter out and wait with baited breath for him to respond. "Hey Liam, I just wanted to get back to you. I'm technically not supposed to share any developments in the case, since you're not family, but I'll let it slide this once. We're not going to be able to obtain a warrant before Christmas, I'm afraid." I mutter out a furious 'what,' in reply.

"Now, Mr. Sanford, there's a possibility she won't be there since we have to wait so long. I want you to be prepared for that. I'll call you if we find something, alright?"

I murmur something unidentifiable to him, then drop my phone onto the counter. She has to be here for Christmas. If she's not, I'll die. "Liam! Come join the party! You're missing all of the fun," My mother chimes from the doorway of the kitchen.

She thought it would be a good idea to invite a lot of mine and my brother's friends over for a huge christmas party. I've been avoiding, of course, but I know that the only reason she planned it was so I would be more social.

"Not in the mood, Mom," I murmur and dump a cup of milk into the blender. "Sweetie, you've got to stop moping around. It's Christmas! Have some fun!" I slam the glass back down on the table, then brace my hands against the countertop.

"They can't get a warrant, mom," My voice sounds so broken, so unlike me. "She won't be back before Christmas." I hear her sigh and then the click of her heels on the tile floor.