7: Indecent

I find it somewhat odd that Ian kissed me on the cheek. I mean, we're not together. And he doesn't like me... right? God I hope he doesn't. That would just add to the compiling list of problems to deal with. I slump down on my bed, defeated by the day. More than once today was I referred to as "slut," "whore," the "b-word," etc., etc.. All because Liam escorted me around. Way to make a great first impression, Annie! I can hear Elliot's voice chuckle in my head and I smile. He always loved to tease me. I know what you're thinking- This weirdo is insane and hears her dead best friend's voice all the time. A. I'm not crazy. My mother literally had me tested. B. It's really just my mind replaying things I've ever heard him say, mimicking like he's having a conversation with me. Odd, I know, but it gets me through the day. Or makes me have random panic attacks. Either way, it's there and it's not going away. Might as well try and enjoy it while it lasts.

"Analise!" Cindy's voice breaks me from my thoughts. I huff, irritated at this woman, then cover my face with a pillow and scream into it. "Dear, be careful, you could suffocate!" Her voice is so close that I almost fall off the bed from her proximity. "Hello, Cindy, yes, um- What'd you need?" I stutter through my words, finally getting it right. "Liam is on the phone for you, dear," She shoves a landline into my hand and i take it, nodding at her with a smile. "Hello?" I say harshly into the phone. "Why hello there little miss grumpy pants," His voice rings mockingly through the connection and I roll my eyes. "What do you want, William?" He scoffs at his full name but continues, nonetheless, "So, there's this party tonight, and I was wondering if the hottest girl in school would at least do me a favor and ride there with me." "Why are you telling me this?" At first, I'm deeply confused, but then, it hits me- he just complimented me.

And asked me to a party with him...

Whaaa?

"I thought you didn't do the 'date' thing," I state laconically, unsure of what he's planning. "Its not that I don't do it, it's just that I haven't lately. Maybe, I can get back on track and change from my player-ish ways. So, what do you say, Gates? Wanna have a wonderful night of games, booze, and sex?" "Eliminate the last two and I'll consider it," I say, cocking up an eyebrow. "Alright, alright. But you can't not drink at least one beer. It's in the new girl code." "New girl code? Why have I not heard of this?" I ask sarcastically. "Because, it's unknown to the newbie. Only the sexiest guy in school knows the rules of the code." "So Seth Carter knows the rules? I need to consult him about that..." I trail off, knowing I've beat his ego. "Ha. Ha. No. I was talking about myself." "Of course you were," I scoff, leaning against the door frame. "So will you come with me? Please?" His voice is adoringly pleading, and I can't help but cave, "Fine," I sigh, running my hands through my hair, "All of the girls hate me anyway." He exhales deeply, showing his relief. "Alright then, Ana-blue-eyes. I'll be home in about an hour, but we're not leaving until seven. Just try to find something pretty to wear."

"You mean something you can see through?" I snorted, gaining a laugh from him, "No, I wouldn't want other guys to see what's mine." I froze at his comment, See what's his? "Anyway, I gotta go, Ana." "Yeah, uh, bye," I mumbled, then he hung up, leaving me awkwardly holding the phone to my ear. Suddenly, Cindy popped in, effectively scaring the living crapout of me. "What'd Liam have to say?" She screeched, her bond hair bobbing. "He'll be home in about an hour," I said, handing her the phone. "Alright then, Analise. I'm headed out to the store, and Greg should be back around the time Liam returns. Ian and the other boys are downstairs, so feel free to go down there. Also, if you get hungry, there are snacks in the fridge! See you later, dear!" With that, she scurried off to the nearest supermarket.

Dear. Grrr.

The time on my clock reads 4:01, meaning I have approximately three hours before my date. I go ahead and change into lounge-around clothes, since it'll be awhile, consisting of spandex leggings, my hair in a messy bun, and an old long-sleeved t-shirt of Elliot's. As I put it on, I hug it to my body, faintly smelling his old cologne on it. Tears flood my eyes as I think of him, and I quickly will them away. No more crying. You can do this Ana! I huff, then stomp downstairs where I see all of the boys laying out on the pull-out couch, playing video games on the X-Box. "Hey guys," I say, waving. Ian spots me first, grinning widely at me, "Ana! Come join us!" He pats the spot next to him, and I hurry over, plopping down to have Wyatt crawl into my lap. I laugh, letting him lay back on me. My gawd he's adorable! "So Ana," Jameson drawls, catching my attention. "How was your first day?" "Fine," I answer quickly, knowing my first day was way less than that.