23: Housemate

A/N: Sorry it's so short, but next chapter up will be the beginning of Part 2a! Yay!

The vodka singes my throat as I douse it down quickly, the orange juice filtered in taking away some of the burn. The glass makes a dull clink as I drop it back onto the napkin placed on the bar. "Another?"

"Nah, I need to get home," I toss a ten onto the counter, followed by a, "Thanks." I sling my leather jacket around me and and slide my arms through. I straighten it, then duck out into the lukewarm Cali night.

The streets around me are lit up brightly, many people buzzing around happily. As I watch them go by- laughing, having fun- I have a sudden wave of self-hatred strike me.

I'm not good enough to be happy like that. I'm never good enough. Once something good comes into my life, I always screw it up- Liam being one of the main examples.

I quickly walk over to Brian's Ferrari, still alertly aware of Wilder's promises to "finish what he started." I get in and crank it up, then speed off at an uncontrollable speed of ninety-one, towards the Stratfords neighborhood.

Once I pull up to the gates, where I almost knick the keypad with Brian's mirror, I type in the code, then continue to race down the deserted roads, past the towering houses , and the the cul-de-sac in the very back. I carelessly park his car, then hurry into the house, still afraid that Kade will be lurking somewhere in the bushes.

Once I step through the door, I'm bombarded with stares. "Where've you been?" Brian questions whilst jumping over the back of the couch. "Don't worry, Brenda is fine," I grab his wrist and place the keys in his limp hand.

"Thanks, but I'm more worried about you than I am about Brenda. Did you find Liam?" "Yep," I slide off my jacket and hang it on the coat rack behind the door. "And?" "And what?" I raise an eyebrow. "What happened?" Jameson calls from the living room, and I roll my eyes.

"Absolutely nothing," I murmur, before accidentally bumping into the umbrella vase. Brian grabs my arm to steady me, yet gives me a strange look,

"You're drunk," He assesses, disappointment written on his features. "Nah, I'm just a little buzzed," I shrug, then pull away from him. My actions are returned with him grabbing me once again, and I sigh, roll my eyes, then turn to meet his oncoming speech.

"You know that I'm all about partying and stuff, but if you're going to do that, at least do it when you have someone to supervise you. You could've wrecked, or been kidnapped, or raped. Seriously, Analise, do you not think of anyone else but yourself?"

I shrug, then pull away from him, "Why would I?" I hurry on through the kitchen and up the stairs to my room so I won't have to deal with anymore of this tonight.

As soon as I reach my room, I strip of my clothes and into pajamas, then flop down onto my bed. However, as soon as I lie down, I become infinitely awake- my eyes glued to the vaguely white ceiling.

Maybe it's my conscience telling me that I need to work things out with Liam. Maybe it's the alcohol. Or maybe it's because I'm aggressively un-tired. So, here I lay, for hours, still wide awake and hating life.

The boys have long gone to bed, and all I can hear is the silence burning in my ears. The hours tick by slowly on the clock: 11:00pm, 12:00am, 1:00am- and at 2:00am, I hear a sound.

I sit up upon hearing it, and strain my ears as best as I can. The sounds are coming from the other side of the wall- bumping, fidgeting, coughing, just Liam.

I lay back down in hopes of exhaustion to take over me, yet I'm greeted with another sound- giggling. I instantly shoot up again, except this time, I get out of bed. I creep over to my door, knowing that I left the bathroom door and light on for Liam.

I press my ear to the wood, then listen in on the muffled, yet still hearable, conversation, "So, who lives in the room next to you?" The "giggler," as I've decided to call her, asks in an overly-flirtatious voice.

"Analise- my girlfriend," Liam's words are slightly slurred, so I know for sure that he's either drunk or stoned out of his mind. "Is she asleep?" "I guess." "Then, we can have some fun-" Jealousy rears it's ugly head, and before I can even think about it, I open my door and march right into his room.

She's a foot away from him, give or take, and he's seated on the bed with a Jack Daniels bottle in his hand (which is only one-third full). "No, I'm not asleep, and no you cannot have some fun with my boyfriend. So how about you go crawl back to whatever whore-house you came from."

Gone is the edgy buzz that made me chill and light. What replaces it is a harsh tone and biting words that cause her to shrink back and cower- as if I'm going to hit her. "D-don't hurt me," She stutters, taking a couple of steps away from me.

"No promises," I almost growl out, then point to the door, "Get. Out." She bows her head, without another word, then scampers off quickly.

"Why'd you do that. She was nice," Liam pouts out his lower lip, and I roll my eyes, "She was trying to sleep with you." He scrunches his face up, as if in disgust. "Well, the only girl I wanna sleep with is you." It's a nice sentiment, yet it still sounds disrespectful.

"Not happening, buddy." I approach him, and begin to undress him and tuck him in- again. "I like it when you tuck me in," He comments as I help him out of his shirt.

"I like it when you're sober," I murmur, and discard the shirt to the side. He takes care of his pants, then merely sits up, staring at me. I give his shoulder a little push whilst pulling up the covers, "Lie down." He does as told, and I tug the covers up over his perfectly sculpted chest.

"Go to sleep, Liam. We have school tomorrow." He scrunches his face again, and shakes his head, "I'm not doing that."

"Yeah, you are, or you're not going to graduate. Now, go to sleep," I command and he instantly obeys, snuggling further into his mattress. As I turn around to go back to bed, I hear him murmur, "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me." A pang of sadness crashes through me chest, and tears spring to my eyes.

But then, a feeling hits me:

Forget about it, Analise. He's not worth your time.

I turn away from the sight of him, then wipe my eyes. I'm better off without him. If he has to think about taking me back, then I shouldn't even extend another chance for him to do so.

It's alright, Ana.

It's ok.

A/N: Song for the chapter is to the side>>> or above^^^^

love you,

IC Judah