We always seem to find a way back to each other.

Start from the beginning

Those words had Magnus stiffened. "No, no I'm not coming and you both know it. I.. I can't Max. I just can't."

"Dad, please..."

"I said no!" He stood up abruptly and stormed out of the loft before his son tries to convince him again. He didn't know where his feet were taking him, but when he stopped and looked around, he noticed he was outside a cafe, The Mendis, where all the worlds were allowed to enter. He sighed and entered the cafe, after the talk he had with his son, he needed a strong dose of caffeine.

He walked to the counter and ordered a strong black coffee, his Alexander's favourite. While waiting for his order he noticed the women behind the counter flirting with someone, he wasn't interested in any of it, he wanted his order and leave, but what actually caught his attention was the voice of the other person.

"Come on handsome, my shift is about to over. We can go back to our place and have some fun." She winked and the other person laughed.

"I'm sorry mam, you're beautiful but I don't play for your team! Can I have my order please, my friends are waiting."

"Oh come on, sexy! I'm more than beautiful. I can prove I'm your type in my bed!" She winked again and the man shook his head in disbelief. Some people are dumb as hell.

"Mam, I'm sorry to say but if you are able to change your gender or have a secret hidden dick down there, then I can think about it else as I said I don't play for your team."

The women's face went red with embarrassment as the realisation dawned on her. "Oh..ah.. umm.. you're.."

"Yeah, I'm gay, now my order please." The man said with a chuckle.

Magnus was trying hard not to laugh at the poor women, but at the same time there was something about that voice that was calling out to him, there was some familiarity about it. He hadn't seen the man's face yet and he was curious to find out.

"Alex Silverstorm, black coffee without sugar and extra coffee powder."

"That would be me." The man, Alex responded.

Magnus froze in his place, that was the exact favourite of his Alexander, what he himself ordered. He shook his stupid head, there were people all around who could love that combination, not just his Alexander. But yet, his shadowhunter was always different.

"Dude, that poison again, seriously?" A man said, and from the corner of his eyes, Magnus saw two person, a man, and woman walking towards that Alex person.

"What's your problem, Jace? I love it and I'll have it! You don't get to decide for me!"

"Woah! Calm down, big bro!" The woman spoke, and Magnus noticed how she had a soft and calming voice with a hint of fierceness, just like Isabelle Lightwood. He smiled to himself at the fond memory of his close friend and deceased sister in law.

"Told you not to be cocky with Alex, Jason. You know how grumpy he gets!" She clicked her tongue and Alex scoffed.

"Shut up, Jess! Ow! What? You found it!" His emotions went from being grumpy to happy and Magnus wondered what happened, he silently prayed his order to get delayed so he can keep eavesdropping.

"But I'm not giving it back! Seriously dude, what's your obsession with this book? Firstly, you have scribbled everywhere 'Alec' when you hate being called that and secondly, the whole book is highlighted where ever the sentence 'you and I, we keep finding our way back to each other' occurred. No one can read it without getting annoyed!" The man, Jason exclaimed.

"Don't you know, he's a sweetheart who's soul searching!" The woman said with amusement.

"Jessica! And soul searching, really!" Alex yelled, almost, and snatched the book from Jace's hand.

Magnus's heart skipped a beat when he heard that, that was the same thing his Alexander said when they broke up for the first time. He cursed when the woman called for his order, he wanted to keep listening but he wasn't prepared for what's coming next.

"Black coffee without sugar and extra coffee power, for Magnus Bane!"

"That's me, thank you." He took the coffee and turned when his eyes fell on the group of three standing near him and he almost dropped the cup, but it did spill a little on the man's hand standing near him and he winced.

"Alex! You okay? Hey, watch it!" The other man yelled.

"Jason, stop! I'm fine!"

"I'm... I'm really sorry, I was thinking something, I should have paid attention. I'm sorry!" Magnus apologised.

"It's okay. I know it wasn't intentional!" The man, Alex spoke, but Magnus was in shock with what he was seeing. That man, he looked like his Alexander, but it wasn't just the looks, that voice was exactly deep and calming like his Alexander, those eyes, those beautiful honey hazel eyes which always had Magnus mesmerized, holding a glint of innocence, those were the same as his, but most importantly, the feeling of being at home, the essence, the calming and relaxing aura which always told him that his shadowhunter was around him, it was there. That man, he had that. So could it possible?

"S... Sorry, I'm Magnus... Magnus Bane!" He wondered why his subconscious decided to hide being a Lightwood and held his hand out.

"Alex Silverstorm!" The man spoke with a smile and shook his hand. As soon as their hand touched Magnus felt the same spark he felt whenever he touched his shadowhunter. His heart skipped a beat and he gulped.

"Alex, is it short for something?" He found himself asking and felt a hint of Deja Vu.

"Oh, um.. yeah, it's Alexander, but I prefer Alex."

"Well, I like Alexander better!" Magnus smiled, a genuine smile that formed on his lips after 50 years. The man in front of him blushed and Magnus swore he would die right then and there as it was in the same way his Alexander blushed every time he complimented him.

"Nobody calls me that except my parents, but I like the way you said it. Guess I like you already!"

Magnus swore he saw something shifting in his eyes and the next he knew, he felt sudden cold zephyr hitting him in the middle of the cafe and heard a whisper which hit him home. 'Magnus, you and I, we always seem to find a way back to each other, even in another life. I love you and I'll always be there to catch you when you fall.'

The hairs on his body rose and he felt like his heart would burst out of his chest. As his brown eyes met the hazel, he saw the glistening sparks in them and it vanished as soon as it was there, and he didn't need any other proof. At that moment he knew, that was his Alexander. He was back.

__________________________________
Reviews and feedbacks are welcomed. ❤️❤️