𝙙𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙨

Start from the beginning

"Once Acnologia is defeated... I will become King of the Dragons! I'll become the world's sole ruler! It makes me shiver!" the man said.

"I smell Dragons... eight of 'em?" Natsu said. "you got really bad luck!"

He brought a flaming fist down on the airborne Dragon's back.

"Can you hear me?!" he yelled, making both the man and I cover our ears at the harsh volume. "Dragon Slayer Magic can take down these Dragons! There are eight Dragon Slayers, and eight Dragons! Our magic is meant for today, right now!! The whole reason we Dragon Slayers exist is to fight right now!"

The man and Natsu talked briefly, before I was noticed.

"No... that can't be..." he turned around.
"[Y/N]?" Natsu said. "the hell?!"

The man - it was... Rogue. It didn't look like him, but they had the same scent, the same dark fringe, the same eyes... or, well, eye.

"[Y/N]..." 'Rogue' spoke. "you're here. You're alive."
"Of course I am. Why the hell would I not be!" I said, before turning to Natsu. "you look happy."

"[Y/N], what the hell?! There's a Dragon down there with your name written all over it, go!" he hissed.
"It's not my fault your goddamned Dragon knocked my Exceed out of the air!" I furiously wiped my eyes and pointed at 'Rogue.' "someone explain just what the hell is goin' on here! Why d'you smell like Rogue?!"

"He is Rogue. From seven years in the future." Natsu spoke slowly. "and he's here to take over the world!"

I looked to 'Rogue'. "Is that true?"

"Yes. And your attempts to stop me will be futile." he said, taking a step forwards and reaching a hand out to me. "I never thought I'd see your face again."

I glanced at Natsu uncertainly.

"That means I die... doesn't it?" I spoke.
"Yes. It does." Future Rogue said. "in my arms. It was my fault you died. Apologies."

He took another step closer.
"Heyy... what are you doing?" I asked slowly. Natsu watched dumbly, fist still ablaze.

"I just... wanted to see your face one last time. I'm glad I got to see it again." he raised a hand to wipe my tearstained cheek with his thumb. I didn't react, instead blinking up at him with watery eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said. "what happens in the future? Why did I die in your arms?"

"It doesn't matter now." Future Rogue said. "I... don't want to lose you... not again."
"What?" I answered. "I..."
"You die. It's a year from now, but you die." he said.

'I think I'm beginning to see the fuller picture...' I thought as the man approached, one step at a time.

"Hey... what do you think you're doing?" Natsu said slowly.

"Do you think I enjoy this? This infatuation of mine?" Future Rogue spoke, his fingers once again ghosting along the skin of my cheek. "This horrible need to know you're okay?"

My hackles rose and Natsu made a sound of surprise as Future Rogue brought his lips to against my own.

After a few heartbeats, he pulled away and turned his head just an inch, so he wouldn't have to look me in the eye.