iii

I looked to the masked man sitting in front of me. I was trying to read his body on the first question to ask. Why did you bring me here? What happened at the protest? Where is my clothing? "What's your name?" I heard him exhale a bit too loudly to himself. "V." What kind of name was V? What did it mean? Did it mean anything?

"Where am I?" He chuckled softly as he took a moment before speaking. I imagine he was trying to find the right words to say. "You, my dear are in my home." Where was his home exactly? Could I go home? "Why am I here?" He reached a hand out and gently placed it on my knee. It felt warm again. A bit too warm for my liking.

"You are here because I saved you from getting arrested at that protest." Protest. Right. "What happened? Why did I almost get arrested?" He moved his thumb back and fourth on my knee. "Well my dear, I can only answer one of those. Which one is it?" Why can't he answer both? "Why did I almost get arrested?"

It was silent for a bit. It felt like it had been quiet for hours. Why did everything feel so time sensitive? Time seems to be going so slow. Is it because I'm here with nothing to do? "You had blacked out, I assumed that is. You were laying on the ground. I noticed you from back in the crowd and got to you just as a police officer was going to put cuffs on you."

"How did you manage to pull me away from the police officer without getting arrested?" I could tell he had started to get uncomfortable. He moved his hand from my knee. Did I ask one of the wrong questions? "Let's just say, I have a way with words.." Maybe asking him about what happened wouldn't be a good idea.

"Well, V. Do I know you?" His head lowered as if he was examining his surroundings. He then lifted his head again as if to look at me. I wonder what his face looked like. What he looked like under all of that black fabric that hung onto his body. I couldn't help but sit there and wonder what color his hair was. What color his eyes were. How his lips looked..

"Yes. However, not in ways that you could imagine, my dear. I'm everywhere but no where at the same time." Everywhere but no where? What did he even mean by that? "See, we're a lot closer than you could think, my dear." I started to grow extremely curious. "Could I perhaps see your face?"

I heard him exhale sharply. "My dear, you've asked me many questions." He was upset. The tone of his voice made my heart race. He started to move closer to me. I leaned back slightly as he got closer. I was starting to grow troubled with the cloak. "Could I possibly ask one more question, V?" I could hear him exhaling. He had gotten really close to my ear.

"Yes, my dear?" His voice was low. It was definitely getting too hot underneath the cloak. "W-Where is my clothing?" He let out a soft chuckle as he placed his hand on my thigh. "I have it drying, my love. When I got to you, you were soaking wet." I fell quiet as my eyes examined the mask, he was close. Close enough to where I could feel his body heat radiating off of him.

"Are you alright, my dear? You're a bit pink.." he whispered. His voice was like honey. It sounded sweet but laid heavily within my ears. His hand squeezed my thigh a bit as I started to pull at the clasp that rested on my neck. Can I take this off? Or would that be too weird?

I felt his hand fall onto mine, it pulled my hand down as he laid me down. His hand was gentle at the clasp as it became loose and fell off of my shoulders. He hovered himself over me as my eyes were fixed on the eyes of the mask. My chest became heavy. I felt my thighs being pulled apart from each other as I felt the soft fabric of his pants.

I got startled by the feeling. I then realized that he had his leg between mine. What is he doing? What did he want? Do I like this?! I could feel something spark as he pulled his body closer to mine. Only inches breaking us apart. "My dear, are you alright?" He whispered as I nodded gently.

"My dear...are you okay?" I turned to look to the masked man. "Yes, V. I'm okay." "My dear. Are you alright?" I was growing slightly confused on why he kept asking me if I was okay. I told him I was. "My dear, are you there?" Am I here? My head was then swaying from side to side. I could feel a pair of hands on my cheeks.

I blinked and suddenly V was sitting across from me again. I had the cloak on again. What happened? "My dear, are you there now?" I nodded in response as I looked down to my figure. Did I zone out? "Oh yeah...I'm here. What uh what was the last thing I asked you?"

"Ahh, yes. You asked to see my face and I told you that wasn't in my capability." Oh. "So you aren't mad at me for asking?" He gave a slight chuckle as he placed his gloved hand on my cheek. "Now, my dear. Why would I be upset to you asking me such a question?" It was starting to get warm again. I could feel the pink show up on my cheeks. "Oh because you mentioned something about...wrong questions?"

"Now my dear, you've asked nothing that I could consider to be wrong yet. You're very curious right now because you're in a strangers house. Let alone knowing nothing about me. It's okay." Well at least he wasn't mad. What was that about? I shook my head once more as I looked to him. "Can I go home now?"

His hand moved away from my cheek. Have I upset him now? "You may go home or you can stay here. I have enough room if you wish to stay." After what I just witnessed, I think I'd rather go home then stay here. "What time is it?" He looked around for a moment before stepping out of the room. Once he returned he stood in the doorway.

"It's 9:34 PM. Are you sure you want to go home?" Was I really asleep for the entire day? "I think I might stay the night then go home in the morning." He had lowered his head for a moment before raising it again. "Alright. I guess I will leave you to rest, my dear. I will be in the living room if you need anything."

With that he left the room. I missed his company, living alone can put a mark on you. I took the cloak off and walked over to the closet, finding the hanger I first got it from and gently placing it back where I found it. I stepped back over to the bed and pulled the covers up as I slid underneath them. The warmth of the blankets covering my body as I slowly drifted off to sleep again.