xxiv

I had stepped out of the shower with a towel wrapped around my body. The tiled floor was cold under my feet, I rushed onto the bath mat to warm my feet up. I always enjoyed taking hot showers. Something about the water running down my body always helped me feel refreshed. Especially with what was asked of V to do. Thomas had seemed to be getting a little too comfortable.

  After what he had done, it was stressful enough to have him around. I had started to dry myself off as I had heard shouting. I shot my head towards the door. I reached my hand for the doorknob as it was already being turned underneath my hand. I gasped slightly and tightened my grip around it.

  'And you really think I'm just going to leave like that?! Just because you left me behind like that doesn't mean I'm doing the same to you!' Thomas shouted from the other side of the door. 'Either you can leave, Thomas or I will personally have you removed! I don't know what you're trying to do or what you were planning but I will not have it! You won't put a finger on her!'

  The doorknob started to slip out from my grasp, I used my left hand to hold onto it as I wiped my right hand on the towel and placed my right hand back onto my left. "What are you doing?! You know I'm in here right?!" The doorknob started to slip out from my grasp even more as I squealed. It stopped and I heard a slam against the door.

  'I'm done playing these games with you?! What the hell is wrong with you?! Get out of my fucking house and leave London! Go back to the states and don't come back!' V shouted every single word. The anger in his voice was unreal to me. I didn't believe a man such as him could ever get angry like that.

  It had just gone silent. I put my ear to the door and heard a good amount of footsteps. I could only hear whispers before I heard what I'm guessing was the front door opening and then being slammed shut. I heard more footsteps and then it went silent. I hated the silence. I was tempted to open the door but was so unsure of what I'd welcome myself to.

  'Darling..?' A soft voice spoke from the other side of the door. 'Can I come in?' I let out a sigh of relief. I placed my hand on the doorknob and gently opened the door. I peaked through the small crack of the door I had opened. Steam started to melt out from the crack. V had been standing there, dressed in a suit. I've never seen a man look so fine.

  I looked down at his shoes and trailed my eyes up to take in more of how attractive he looked. 'I'm sorry.' His voice brought me out of the trance I had been in. I brought my attention to his mask. God the things I would do to see his face. 'He got a hold of my old whiskey and started to drink and-' I opened the door more a little bit more as the room started to be more opened for him to see everything inside.

  Steam had melted out all together and I think it hit him a little too fast because he took a step back. 'You must enjoy hot showers.' I chuckled lightly. He sighed once more. 'Again, darling I really am sorry. I don't know what got into him. He-' "Shh. Don't apologize for him. He's always been like that. It's sickening to know he hasn't changed in his adult years."

  'It didn't scare you, did it?' I shook my head. "After his little show on the plane..." 'Show?' I could feel my body temperature rise. "He kinda.." 'I don't..It's not you. I don't want to hear about it because it took everything in me not to knock him out. If I were to know what he tried I fear it would've been worse. It doesn't matter. He is leaving for the states right now as we speak.'

  I smiled gently as I looked up to the masked man standing in front of me. 'Alright, well anyways continue on with getting ready. I will be in the car a while.' I nodded gently towards him as he started to step away. I left the door open as I could hear his footsteps getting quieter. The door clicked open and then had shut.

  I pulled the towel from my body gently and wrapped my hair up in the towel I had wrapped around my body. I closed the door a little bit and looked at the dress bag that hung on the back of the door. I placed my hand on the zipper and slowly unzipped it. Revealing the dress to my eyes. It looks just as beautiful as it did in the shop we had gone to this morning.

  I pulled it from the bag and held it up as I looked at it once more. It really was a stunning dress. I unzipped the back of it as I had lowered it just enough so I could step into it. Right leg then left leg. I slowly pulled it up over every curve of my body. Over my breasts. To leave it to rest as it did earlier in the day. I slipped my arms through the straps that would hold the fabric onto my body for the rest of the night.

  I turned to look at myself in the mirror. V was right. Stunning. I had traced my fingers down the neckline of the dress down to the back side where the zipper was and gently pulled it up until I couldn't tug it up anymore. I pulled the towel off from the top of my head as my damp locks fell onto my person. It sent chills down my spine as I tried to dry it up as much more as I could with the soaked towel.

  I sighed as I turned to look in the cabinet for a hair dryer. I assumed he would have one, he had to have. Right? Wrong. I huffed slightly and folded the towel up and placed it on top of what I had assumed would've been a hamper that stood next to the sink. I turned the lights out as I exited the bathroom.

  I walked down the hall to where I had placed my heels at. I stood there as I looked down at them. This is going to be a long night. I leaned over and placed my right foot into the right heel, left foot into the left heel, and then had fastened the closure around my ankle to where it fit comfortably.

  I turned around and walked the way I came to make my way to the front door. It felt like it took forever but I managed to get myself out the door, down the stairs, followed down the wet stone path all the way to the car that V had been sitting in. There was a man I was unfamiliar with standing outside of the car door that I was assuming was where I would be at in the car.

  He opened it and the warm heat from the car brushed past my body. It felt so good against my skin. I had gotten into the car as I looked over to V. My heart fluttered. I had looked at him up and down once more as I could feel my face growing red. 'We're ready.' The car had started to move as I turned myself to look out the window.

   'Can I?' I turned around for a moment. I noticed he held his arms out and was gesturing for me to lean back into him. I smiled gently and leaned myself back against him as he wrapped his arms around me. I felt like I was right for coming to him, but I had some sort of a life back in Kiliham. Was I seriously considering going back to that crappy apartment? Working everyday to what try to live and make it by, when yet where Im at I'm basically getting stuff handed to me.

I shook my head. I was tired. A lot more then I had thought I was before. The muffled sounds that the car was making as the man drove was soothing. I started to doze off, before I knew it I was asleep...