[CHAPTER 26]

(If anyone is confused, this is the second week of Alex's spring break, and have decided to have the spring break extend for a few days over the usual 2 weeks)

3 days later...

Alex laid across her bed, flipping through the TV channels absentmindedly.

Daniel hadn't crossed her mind very much the last few days but the thought of him lingered in her head. Her curiosity continued to get the best of her, even pushing her to do a "dreadful" thing: double texting. But she still did not receive a response and her frustration had begun to get the best of her.

Alex hated it. She eventually flipped to a talk-show channel, instantly groaning and rolling her eyes in annoyance as she read the headline.

Why don't we and their new album.

As she went to change the channel, They walked onto the sets and her eyes instantly locked with Daniel's through the screen. Alex hesitantly set the remote down, leaning back against the headboard and beginning to watch the interview with her arms crossed.

"So why don't you tell us a bit about the new Album?" the woman asked, glancing down at her cards.

"Well," Daniel shifted in his seat, "it's a new us something we never done before, it will shock a lot of people and especially our fans that know us. But yeah like a said a new us, we're really excited to release it"

Alex muttered, "Fucker has enough time to do an interview and can't send a text back?" She rolled her eyes, continuing to watch the interview.

"What's it like being this famous at such a young age?" the woman asked.

Corbyn shrugged. " it's something else, for sure. But it has definitely grown on us." the boys nodded in agreement. The woman turned to Daniel

"what about you Daniel"

"I'm getting used to it. I'll admit, it can get annoying sometimes but," he looked down, a light smile crossing his face, "I have people who keep me steady and down to earth. That helps a lot . "

"What's that smile for Daniel?" the woman teased, the audience laughing faintly in the background.

"Thinking of someone special?"

The audience lets out a collective 'ooohh'. Daniel laughed, running his hand through his hair.

"Just a normal smile." He shrugged, smoothly changing the conversation back to the Album.

"Hmm, okay. Why don't you tell us a bit about the band."

"We're performing locally right now, which is always fun. Music has always been a big part of our lives and I think it will always be."

Daniel grinned, looking at the audience.

"I think we're pretty good at the music thing, right guys?"

The audience clapped and cheered.

"Thanks everyone," he laughed. Alex couldn't stop the light smile from crossing her face.

"Such an idiot," she said to herself. The thought of turning off the TV lingered in the back of her mind, but she continued to watch, mumbling to herself about Daniel.

After a while, Alex turned off the TV, cutting off the question the interviewer was about to ask. Her eyes fell to her cellphone, checking her Instagram messages, of course having no replies. She sighed, dropping the device onto her bed again and threading her hands through her hair.

Alex held a strong dislike towards emotions, but she managed to tolerate them. And the feelings she had begun to develop for Daniel were giving her a major headache.

~Daniel~

"I have one more question for you," the woman asked.
"May I?"

Daniel shrugged. "Go for it." He glanced out at the audience, the bright stage lights blinding him some.

This was the main thing Daniel hated about these interviews. If the blinding lights that left spots in your vision weren't enough, the interviewers were even worse. He hated the lighting rounds of annoying and prying questions that made him want to sigh or roll his eyes from pure annoyance and frustration.

"Are you guys single?"

Daniel could feel his heartbeat quicken at the question. The boys started to smirk looking at Daniel some laughs slipping out.

" Daniel is there something you wanna tell us?"

He wiped his sweaty palms on his jeans.

"What qualities do you look for in a girl?"
The woman asked again, the audience laughing lightly.

"Well," he glanced around, Giving the boys a death glare mouthing a quiet 'fuck you' averting his gaze just passed the woman to avoid meeting her eyes,

"I like a girl who's honest and doesn't sugarcoat or that kind of thing. Also a girl who's not boring and is fiery and can fight back. A girl who is sweet and kind and has a gorgeous Smile me level-headed and intelligent."

Daniel held a grin on his face as he spoke, but quickly stopped and straightened, the grin fading.

" Yeah, a girl like that. "

The audience let out another 'ooohh' at Daniel's words . He could feel his face turning hot and begin to burn as he met the woman's face again.

"I approve," she said jokingly. Daniel sighed and resisted the urge to roll his eyes. He really never understood people sometimes. Off the interview and Daniel hurriedly left the set, heading into his dressing room for privacy.

He closed the door, forcefully flipped the lock closed. Taking a seat on the couch pushed against one wall, he threaded his hand through his hair, a thought Settling into his mind, he had described Alex during the interview, a strong sense of guilt settled into him, an almost nauseating feeling running into his stomach, reaching for his cellphone, opening Instagram and swiping to Alex's username. pressing the screen , their chat appearing before him. He slowly began to type his message, making sure to use proper English and hesitating before pressing send. He sighed and put his phone down, unable to shake the wave of guilt he felt.

~Alex~
Ding!

Alex looked down at her phone, her heart jumping as she saw the notification. She blinked, slowly picking up her phone and reading the notification.
___________________________

Instagram: New message from
seaveydaniel: Hey baby, long time no talk. I'm really sorry I haven't replied, I've been really busy lately.
___________________________

Alex wanted more than anything to immediately reply, but the idea of ​​Daniel playing games with her settled into her mind again, causing her frustration and annoyance to return.

She stared at the phone in her hands for a moment, hesitantly swiping away the notification. If Daniel wanted to play games, she could play too.

As much as she hated this, and she knew it wasn't her, she didn't take people's shit and rudeness, especially not Daniel seavey's.

"Games like these require two players Dani, and you've just met your match,"

Alex mumbled, glancing at her phone one last time before turning it off.