[CHAPTER 24]

"So let me get the story right here,"

Jack sighed, running a hand through his hair. 

"You almost kissed Alex?" 

"Yes! How many fucking times do I have to explain it ..." Daniel groaned  and let himself fall back on the sofa and started talking. 

"She just looked so beautiful in the moonlight and I hugged her and she crushed my hair and it just
felt—"

"Perfect?" 

"It felt like something straight out of a book or movie; I just can't explain it." 

Daniel closed his eyes.  The picture of Alex from a few nights ago was embossed in his head.  He had been thinking about the events that had occurred during his night in recent days, some of him still completely shocked by what had almost happened.  He had almost kissed Alex, the girl she had known only a month or two.  Jack got up and sat next to Daniel. 

"Welcome to the world of emotions."  He grinned and playfully pushed out Daniel's arm. 

"Whatever you do, don't tell or ask Corbyn or Zach for advice. They won't give you shit." 

"Advice on what?"  Corbyn asked, closing the front door, Zach standing by his side.

"Well shit," Jack muttered.  "Welcome uninvited people." 

" where's Jonah?" Daniel said kinda awkward hoping they'd change the subject. " He couldn't come he said something about a date night with Tate but anyways Is he talking about that girl, Alexa, Alexandra, lexi, whatever?"

Corbyn asked, smacking Jack with a pillow from the couch.  Daniel mentally groand

"First, her name is Alex; get your facts straight,"

Daniel said, a hint of annoyance lingering in his voice.  "And second, I don't want any advice, especially from you two"

"Well you're probably going to get advice anyway."
"Aw, is Daniboi in love?" 

"I'm not in love," Daniel said as he hit Corbyn with another nearby pillow.  "I won't hesitate to kick you out." 

"It's not your house, it's Jackasses over there."  Zach replied, throwing the pillow back at Daniel. 

"Only Jackass has the ability to kick someone's ass onto the lawn." 

"Okay first, never call me Jackass ever again or you'll end up somewhere other than my front lawn. Second,"

Jack snatched the pillow from Daniel, "would you stop abusing my fucking pillows? They haven't done shit to you! " 

That sent everyone into a fit of laughter.

"Seriously though, I need an update on the latest Daniel's-love-life drama."  Zach sat on the couch, reaching over to ruffle Daniel's hair but proceeding to have his hand sharply smacked away. 

Before Daniel could open his mouth, Jack proceeded to fill in any blanks, including the almost-kiss that made Daniel bury his head in his hands in both annoyance and embarrassment. 

He punched Jack in the arm quite hard. 

"I hate all three of you sometimes," Daniel groaned, praying that his cheeks weren't turning red. 

"You love us Daniboi."  Zach smirked, then shrugged.  "Not as much as you love Alex though." 

If looks could kill, Zach herron would be dead on Jack's  living room floor, his cause of death being the cold look Daniel had given him.