[CHAPTER 1]

𝑆𝑇𝐴𝑅𝑆𝑇𝑅𝑈𝐶𝐾

"Why don't we, the famous boyband including Zach herron, Corbyn besson, Daniel seavey, Jonah marais and Jack avery did an interview with us today, discussing their career as a band and the upcoming album. The details of his interview will be up shortly-"

"Liv, will you turn that damn thing off?"

Alex complained, her head turning back to look at her friend.

"Why? What's wrong with it?" Liv asked, raising an eyebrow.

Alex sighed and rubbed her temples, the name imprinted into her brain.

Why don't we.

Such weird band name, why don't we what?

"That bands name. I've just heard it way too many times. They're everything everybody ever talks about and it's annoying."

"Alex, they're famous. They're popular. Of course they're going to be talked about by people."
Liv shrugged.

" They're are all amazing singers and they're just so damn gorgeous." Alex rolled her eyes as Liv sighed dreamily.

"You have a boyfriend Liv. Stop crushing on them."

"I am not crushing on-"

Liv suddenly squealed and turned up the volume on the tv.

"why don't we will be performing an exclusive show at Black Diamonds Nightclub in California this Friday for the singer Khalid's sisters birthday party, Leila. (I don't know if he actually has a sister but just go with it x) Sorry fans, no tickets will be available to the public for this show, but we'll make sure we have exclusive pictures and footage for all of you."

Liv instantly reached for her phone and dialled Madison's phone number.

Alex let out an annoyed sigh as Liv and Madison began to make plans for something Alex couldn't decipher.

She watched the tv screen quietly, taking in the details of the band who was on the screen.

One cought her eye.

He had blonde dyed hair with slightly darker roots. Blue eyes.
Sharp jawline.
Muscular body.
Perfect tanned skin.
A charming yet shy smile on his lips.

Alex shook her head, not understanding why he or the rest was so popular. Sure, they were all good looking, but Alex never saw them as one to be fangirled over or to be obsessed with.

Nearly everyone Alex knew was starstruck by why don't we, but not her. Alex was shaken out of her thoughts by Liv's excited squeals and laughs.

"What is it now? Did they post a shirtless picture on Instagram again or something?"

"Unfortunately, not this time. But me and Madison made plans to sneak into Black Diamonds Nightclub to see them."

Alex couldn't help laugh, "And how exactly are you going to do that? It isn't for fans, it's exclusively for all those other famous people who will be at the birthday party."

"We just have to look famous and sneak in. Easy."
Liv grinned, jumping up and down on her bed like a 10 year old girl.

"Come with us; it'll be fun."

"I'm not going to get in trouble for sneaking into a famous person's birthday party. I'm too young to go to jail."

"You need to live a little. You always complain that life is boring so have some fun. We'll have a girls night: Alexs, Livs and mads."

Alex sighed, "Fine I'll go with you. I got nothing better to do on Friday anyways"

Liv let out another excited squeal and proceeded to text and fangirl with Madison as Alex watched the interview on the tv.

"I don't get it," Alex thought out loud, "They're not worth fangirling over. They're just... just boys"

Alex wouldn't understand, not yet at least, about why Why Don't We was worth the fangirling and the fan accounts and all the other things the fans did for them.

They was good looking and talented - Alex would admit that much- but besides that, there was nothing more than another boyband.

She was really the only one that saw them that way but didn't mind. She had her goals and plans to get out of her boring life and a stupid band wasn't going to get in her way.

---

"Both of you are obsessed; Alex is the only sane one in your little group"

Liam sighed as he parked his car at the front of the school and looked back at Alex, Liv and Madison who sat in the backseat.

"What are you talking about?" Liv asked, giggling.

"they're all amazing singers and have the best personalities, especially Daniel he's drop dead gorgeous and a musical genius; what's not to love about him."

"he's arrogant and obsessed with his fame," Alex interrupted, "his friends are the same way."

"His friends are cute, especially Jack avery."

Madison smiled, covering the blush on her cheeks.

"And I'm not as obsessed with them as Liv is. Looks like you have some competition Liam."

"Oh shut up and get out of my car, Madison BeEr."

"was that supposed to be insult?", Madison laughed.

"whatever you look like her", he mumbled for himself.

Liv pressed a kiss against her boyfriend's cheek before climbing out of the car along with the other girls who began to make their way towards the doors.

Alex began to walk down the halls, her eyes wandering to see the photos of why don't we plastered on the insides of students' lockers.
She let out a sigh and let her mind wander.

"Alex? You there?" Liv shook her shoulder, making her snap out of her thoughts.

Alex blinked and nodded, "Yeah sorry. What did you say?"

"We were just talking about our plans for Friday and that we'd meet at my house before we go."
Madison smiled and playfully hit her friend's shoulder.

"Okay, got it." Alex managed to smile as the school bell rang.

Alex already knew that she would regret agreeing to go out on Friday with the girls.