[CHAPTER 21]

𝑆𝑇𝐴𝑅𝑆𝑇𝑅𝑈𝐶𝐾

Daniel sat on the stage of the nightclub, tuning his guitar as other people walked past him, preparing for the show.

He wanted this show to be absolutely perfect -for Alex, of course. He wanted her to enjoy the night and have some fun, attempting to spice up the boring life she had complained about the night he had snuck into her house with his alcohol.

After getting his guitar tuned to perfection, he set it down backstage and went to sneak a drink from the bar, -one of new his pre-show traditions- completely breaking a rule.

"Daniel," Corbyn called, gesturing him over to the stage again, setting his guitar down on the wooden floor.

"Put the glass down and do a sound check," he sighed. "Alright Dad." Daniel rolled his eyes playfully, setting his glass of vodka down before making his way to the stage again, looking at Corbyn with crossed arms.

"I was trying to have a drink."

"Holy shit." Zach grinned, nudging Jonah in the ribs.

"Daniel actually dressed decently for once."
He gestured to Daniel's dark jeans, shirt and a black denim jacket - to complete the look.

"Its a miracle," Jonah replied with no emotion in his voice and a bored expression on the face.

He plugged Daniel's guitar in and handed it to him.

"Maybe don't blast it-"

Daniel smirked and played a few loud and high notes on his guitar, performing a quick solo which would've blown out someone's eardrums if they happen to have been standing too close to the speakers.

"I'm sorry Jonah, did you say something?" Daniel asked.

Jonah simply raised his middle finger in response.

"Someone seems extra smiley and playful," Corbyn commented, and slightly ruffle Daniel's hair.

"Oh cut it out." Daniel shook his head, running a hand through his hair.

"I'm just looking forward to playing; now I'm going back to my drink," he said almost quickly, leaving his band members and returning to the bar.

Corbyn sighed and turned to the other boys.

"What are we going to do with him?" Jack shrugged.
"Why can't he just accept his fucking feelings, it pisses me off", Jack said looking at the boys.

The boys nodded knowing how much he loved Alex but wouldn't admit it.

~Daniel~

Meanwhile, Daniel sat at the bar, sipping his drink and checking the time every few minutes. He had everything set up to run smoothly: Alex (and her friends) would show up in 10 minutes, right when the show would start.

He had made sure to leave the back door open so she (and her friends) could easily slip inside and leave through the door when needed.

Daniel had make sure everything from the song order to the lighting was perfection, wanting this performance to go extremely well since their "VIP guest" would be in the audience tonight.

Minutes later, Daniel stood on stage, preparing to perform when his gaze drifted to her in the audience. Alex stood alongside Liv and Madison, a blue denim dress covering her figure.

The bright lights reflected off of her eyes, making them sparkle like diamonds and the lighting made the multiple tones in her hair shift in colour.

His eyes quickly locked with hers, the reality around him beginning to fade ever so slightly.

She sent him a smile once their eyes had locked, nodding ever so slightly in his direction, making a smile form on his lips. As Alex's eyes had locked with Daniel's, a smile had formed on her lips.

She tucked a strand of her hair back, nodding in his direction, signalling she was there and for him to pay attention.

As Daniel and the band began to sing, she found herself nodding along to a few of the songs, even humming along to the melody after a while.

"Oh he's gorgeous," Liv gushed, swaying along to the music.

"He's Alex's, Liv," Madison chided, laughing softly at her friend, "but damn right."

She glanced at Alex for a moment, a soft smirk on her lips. Alex was too distracted, watching the performance -more specifically, Daniel.

As Daniel played, his eyes continued to drift back to Alex, locking eyes with her multiple times.

He could feel his face burning under the hot lights as he grinned, watching Alex as he performed.

She laughed softly, gently gesturing with her fingers for him to pay attention. Daniel tried to, but his eyes continued to drift back to Alex, a smile forming on both their faces when their eyes met.

Madison and Liv were too busy watching the performance to notice Alex's smiles and where her gaze was landing. Daniel continued to smile and glance in Alex's direction, mainly seeing her face and seeing if she was genuinely enjoying the show.

The show eventually came to an end. Daniel sent Alex a quick text, telling her to bring her friends to the staircase on the side of the stage.

"Come on,"

Alex said, beginning to walk to the stairs he had told her about, gesturing for her friends to follow. As she reached the stairs, she tripped on the extension cord that ran across the walkway connected to the speakers, falling forward towards the stairs.

A pair of hands quickly grabbed her arms, keeping her upright. Alex looked up, her eyes quickly closing with a set of blue ones and her breath hitching in her lungs.

"Hi."

Daniel slowly helped her straighten, his grip loosening on her arms but not releasing.

"Hey."

Daniel's eyes locked with hers, their faces only inches apart while both of their hearts began to pound in their chests. He glanced at her lips before looking at her eyes again, both almost feeling frozen in time.

Her eyes stayed locked on his, the few inches between them making her heart beat faster than ever before.

Just a few inches closer...