𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢

"You're coming to the game tonight, right?" James asked as he grabbed himself a banana from the fruit bowl in their dining room

Eleanora had fully moved in with James and everything was going smoothly. Of course, they bickered from time to time about silly things but they were both mature enough to realise that a compromise is all it would take to fix things between them.

What Eleanora was happiest about was the fact that Dolores had agreed to move with her. They didn't need Dolores but James understood how if they didn't offer the Portuguese woman the job, Eleanora would forever have guilt on her conscience.

"Claro, I wouldn't miss it for the world." She moved towards him and kissed his cheek softly, feeling his stubble prickle her cheeks.

James and his team were playing Aston Villa in the semi final of the Carabou Cup. The blonde boy was nervous because he knew how much a piece of silverware would mean to the fans. Eleanora could see that James was a people pleaser and she knew that a loss tonight would kill him because he would hate to disappoint the fans.

"And you'll wear the shirt?" Eleanora could see how nervous James was becoming, the significance of tonight's match beginning to get to him.

"Claro, stop stressing. Play like you usually do and you'll be brillante." The brunette girl walked over to her boyfriend and wrapped her arms around his waist, trying to reassure him.

"I'm just nervous." He admitted and Eleanora wished that she could take all of his nerves for him. It was a horrible feeling to be nervous, Eleanora understood that better than anyone and she didn't want his nerves to impact on his performance.

"Go, you'll be fine. I don't want you to be late." She pushed her boyfriend out the door of their house and promised that she would meet him in the tunnel after the game.

***

Half time had been and gone and Leicester were drawing with Aston Villa which meant that if the Foxes couldn't find another goal soon, they would be going to extra time and penalties, something that made Eleanora feel nauseous. The model was becoming more and more anxious for her boyfriend as the minutes ticked by, going into injury time.

What happened next broke Eleanora's heart. Trézéguet had scored for the home team and when James looked up into the stands, the model could see the defeat in his eyes even though time was not yet up.

When the full time whistle blew, the brunette girl rushed down to the tunnel so that she could see her boyfriend. Eleanora knew that Brendan would want to talk to the team about their performance and what was next for the midlands club but she didn't care because she knew how distraught James would be and that was her main priority.

"I'm sorry," James mumbled as soon as his eyes landed on his girlfriend, walking forward and wrapping his arms around her. She felt the tears fall from his eyes and land on her jacket since it was a cold night in england.

"Don't apologise, you were great out there." Eleanora rubbed his back, trying her best to console her boyfriend who was obviously hard hit by the loss.

"Go, I'll cover for you, bro," Ben spoke, patting his best friend on the back as he made his way into the changing rooms to face his team and his manager.

"McDonald's on the way home?" The model asked, hoping that it would lift the spirits of her boyfriend and she knew that she was successful when he gave her a cheeky smile.

***

The car ride home was spent with the two of them singing along and dancing to almost every song that came on the radio. It was something that they both loved to do and it was even better when they got to do it together. Being able to be silly with each other is what they both described as 'couple goals'.

"You know that I'm proud of you, right?" Eleanora looked over to her boyfriend as they stepped inside their house after an hour drive home, not including their McDonald's pit stop.

"I know, it's just hard disappointing the fans." The footballer gave his girlfriend a soft smile, appreciating her efforts but he just wanted to be sad tonight.

"Come on." Eleanora lead him to their bedroom where they both got changed into pyjamas or comfier clothing after James had showered and settled under the duvet with Diego and put on Peaky Blinders. It was one of James' favourite series and although Eleanora didn't really understand it because it was tiring for her to concentrate on it with the subtitles but she still let it play, knowing that it would cheer up her boyfriend.

The blonde boy placed his head on Eleanora's stomach and felt her hands play with his hair. It was something that James loved because it made him feel relaxed and it often made him sleepy. James couldn't wait to fall asleep since the day had been a rollercoaster of emotions for him and he was exhausted.

"Go to sleep, mi amor," Eleanora whispered, noticing how he was struggling to keep his eyes open and watch the show that she had put on for him.

"I love you." The footballer mumbled sleepily, his head now resting on his pillow as his girlfriend turned the tv off and held her boyfriend close to her.

"Te amo." She whispered back. She truly hoped that the next morning, he would be feeling much better because she hated nothing more than seeing him upset.

 She truly hoped that the next morning, he would be feeling much better because she hated nothing more than seeing him upset

eleanorarose: siempre estaré a tu lado, mi amor 🌹❤️

comments disabled for this post

a/n: so james has had a bit of a rough time in this chapter and nora is the one who's there to pick up the pieces 🥺 it makes a change and it's nice to see that they're both there for each other.

we only have one chapter left before it's all over :(

what's your favourite series?
- élite is my all time favourite, even though i have to concentrate on the subtitles sometimes. it's just such an amazing show.

also, i published the intro to my new ben chilwell book, 'dear darlin' earlier so go check it out if you want!

enjoy and stay safe!

lots of love, e x