𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

The weather in London was vastly different to the weather that Eleanora had experienced in her time in Mexico

The Mexican sun had been shining throughout her entire visit and now, the rain was hammering down in London.

Eleanora Rose was supposed to be meeting James Maddison in a London arcade. She would've suggested going to get food but she couldn't be seen eating out in public because Rufus would kill her for doing that.

The arcade wasn't too busy for it being a miserable day but then again, it was after five o'clock on a Friday night so most people would be having dinner or getting themselves ready for a night in a club. Eleanora had never been to a club, she didn't see the appeal but then again, she had never properly had a drink of alcohol, only sips now and then.

"Hey, you look great." James Maddison smiled as he approached the model. She wasn't wearing anything special as it was an unofficial 'date' but she made an effort, not wanting to show up in her joggies.

"Thank you, so do you." Eleanora returned the compliment, feeling a bit awkward dressed in her high waisted jeans and blouse.

The blonde boy smiled, having been complimented by his celebrity crush. His attire was pretty casual, his jeans and t-shirt being complimented by a few chains that were hanging from his neck.

"Wow, it's quiet." James observed the arcade and Eleanora shrugged her shoulders at him, not really knowing much about the arcade since she didn't get to go out much. When she did get to go out, it was to make an appearance at a highly anticipated event and keep her name in the media.

"I've never been here before." The model admitted to the footballer, the latter being shocked by her admission. How could she have not been to this arcade before? It was one of his favourite places to visit with his best mate, Ben, whenever they were in London.

"That's criminal." James informed the girl, laughing at how she lived in the city yet James had been to the arcade more than she had.

"Come on." He made his way towards his favourite game to play with Ben because the defender was an easy opponent.

Eleanora looked at the game in front of her. There were two basketball nets with a scoreboard above it and multiple basketballs beneath it. She had never played the game before but she could guess what the objective was.

"You ready?" The blonde boy asked after he had inserted the token. The clock began ticking down from a five second timer, the pair getting themselves ready to play and compete against each other.

The buzzer went, telling both Eleanora and James that they could start shooting the basketballs into the hoops.

It was a tight game between the blonde and the brunette but James started to lose his concentration towards the end and Eleanora took the lead, missing less baskets than James.

"You're a natural." The footballer laughed as the game finished with Eleanora as the winner. Usually, he would be a sore loser, Ben Chilwell and the rest of his teammates being able to tell you that but this time was different. He didn't mind losing to Eleanora. Maybe it was because had had a crush on her for years or maybe it was because the game meant nothing to either of them and was simply a bit of fun.

"I don't know about that. I don't think the Lakers will be trying to contact me any time soon." Eleanora pushed her long hair over her shoulders and walked with the blonde boy to the next game that he wanted to show her.

Eleanora would usually be the first person to tell you how silly venues like arcades were. She thought that they were for kids and any adults who actively took part in playing for their own enjoyment were immature and childish. However, her night with James completely changed her opinion of the place. she had tried all the games that James had introduced her to and although she wasn't necessarily good at any of them, she had enjoyed herself and had fun. It was weird. It showed her that perhaps, she shouldn't make judgements of things that she's never tried.

"Can I walk you home?" James stuffed his hands in his pockets as he asked the question. He had no idea where she lived and for all he knew, she might need to get a taxi to the other side of london and his question could be stupid.

"I'd like that." Eleanora offered him a smile, appreciating the kind gesture.

The walk back to Eleanora's house was relatively quiet, the only discussions being about James' game that he was playing the following day and Eleanora's most recent shoot. For not making much conversation, any silences were not awkward. In fact, they were welcomed because they were comfortable and both parties enjoyed the other one's company.

"This is me." Eleanora admitted, embarrassed of her big house. It wasn't the least bit necessary and she would've been happy with a flat but Rufus had insisted that she buy it to make sure that everyone knew how much money she had.

"Thank you for tonight, I really enjoyed it." The footballer admitted to the model, giving her a soft smile which she returned.

"Me too. We should do this again whenever you're next in London or I'm in Leicester." Eleanora's words were like music to James' ears and he couldn't wait for the next time that he got to spend time with the brunette girl.

" Eleanora's words were like music to James' ears and he couldn't wait for the next time that he got to spend time with the brunette girl

eleanorarose: discovered that arcades are fun today. 🌹

view comments

user1: thought she would've taken a pic with maría for their gals date?
user2: who says she went with maría?

user3: hermosa 😍😍

mariaalvarez: fuegooo 🔥🔥

user4: I don't think she can ever look anything other than perfect

user5: follow my page for more eleanora rose content

madders: I told you that they're good
eleanorarose: you did. maybe I should listen to you more often...

user6: she went out with that madders guy?? 😍

user7: ship

user8: dk how to feel about it but if it makes her happy...

user9: you were amazing at that basketball game earlier 😍

a/n: their date was so cute! i honestly love the way that james is with nora, i want one. if someone manages to find a james maddison, can you please let me know?

what makes you feel like a kid again?
- throwback songs never fail to make me feel nostalgic.

enjoy and stay safe!

lots of love, e x