Chapter 33: Bait (Revised)

Angela

Napaatras ako mula sa aking kinatatayuan nang makita ang tang nakatayo sa aming unahan. We were just in time to arrive to where Shiro are. I gasped the moment I set my eyes on the woman standing between them. They were all knocked out, Shiro binded by a dark force and being carried around in the air.

Her aura is on another level, on par with my mother. The heavy aura I kept feeling, running towards here was coming from her. Her hair, the same color as Sheena's. As well as other features of her face.

There's no denying it, this is surely Sheena's mom. Serena Medallis, Dark Abyss' mistress.

I noticed her hand, holding a ball. My eyes widened in shock after realizing what it was. The Mystic Ball. She was here in the flesh only to retrieve the ball on her own. And her generals were just distractions. Why didn't I think of it sooner? That their primary objective is keeping us occupied while their mistress does the whole work.

Hindi lang 'yon, balak din nilang kunin si Shiro mula sa amin. She defeated all three of them in just minutes. They don't even stand a chance. And in my condition, I wouldn't either. Not alone.

She took one more look around their bodies and to us and grinned. She flicked one hand in the air and smoke loomed out from the ground. Pinalibutan siya nito at nang mawala ang usok na bumabalot sa kaniya at saka ang pagkawala niya ng parang bula, taking Shiro and the Mystic Ball along with her.

"Stop!" sigaw ko but I'm too late.

Matapos ang pagkawala niyang iyon ay nabaling ang tingin ko sa dalawang katawang nakahandusay sa sahig. Sheena and Miku, they were both unconscious, their weapons thrown away from them. They put up a fight but ended up losing. Tumakbo ako palapit sa kanilang dalawa at agad na itinaas ang kanilang mga kamay to check their pulse. Claude did the same with Miku and he gave a relief sigh.

I checked Sheena's pulse and was glad to find one. Unlike Claude, I didn't let out a relief sigh. Things are not over yet and the hard and dangerous part are yet to come. For now, we should bring the two of them to the clinic. They need treatment right away.

Binuhat ko si Sheena sa likod ko at binuhat naman ni Claude sa kaniyang balikat si Miku. I asked Shura a favor to lead us the way to the clinic and clear out the path for us. She agreed reluctantly, rolling her eyes before guiding our path.

Nagsimula na kaming maglakad at magmadali patungo sa clinic. The whole plan is falling apart and the enemy had the both of the two things they needed in order to continue with their plans. We're doomed.

Alfred

Bumaba mula sa ledge si Anne at tinabihan ako nang lapitan ko si Fire. Blood spit down his mouth and his eyes glinting cold of bloodlust.

I could say the same thing to me. The person right in front of us is the real deal, the real him. Not a fake, not a doll, a real human being in the flesh. He tricked me once, he can't trick me twice. Nagawa niyang mawalan ako ng kontrol sa kapangyarihan ko ng dalawang beses. But this time, there's no way I'm letting him get to my head. Because I know for a fact that I can now control my magic than anyone else.

"Don't get too ahead of yourself." Anne reminded.

"I know."

Nilapitan ko si Fire, my fist clneched into a ball, wishing to punch Fire in the gut. The moment I was a meter away from him, his hand moved. Hindi ko nainitindihan iyon hanggang susuntukin ko na siya ng biglang may tumulak sa akin sa tagiliran at inihagis ako sa pader.

Narinig ko pa ang sigaw sa akin ni Anne ng tumama ako. Luckily, I was able to decrease the speed of impact using gravity. Pain drifted down my back, fanging me.