Chapter 5: Misunderstanding (Revised)

3rd

After the sudden confession that happened yesterday in their lives, Shiro woke up upside-down in her bed, eyes swollen unabe to sleep in the cold of the night. The scenes replayed in her mind over and over again, flushing herself more times than she could count. Nagising siyang maaga at hindi na kinailangan pang buhusan ng malamig na tubig ni Yuki.

Humarap siya sa hapag ng nakabusangot ang mukha at halatang malayo ang takbo ng iniisip. Her thoughts circling around, thinking of ways on how to act normal in front of Reiki. It felt stupid for her to act weirdly but the thoughts of their conversation and confrontation yesterday buried in her mind that it made her harder to act normally.

She face slammed her head on the table for over-reacting. It sounded with a thud that made everyone in the table flinch and gave her an awfully, concern look. "Ate, ayos ka lang?" takang tanong ni Yuki sa kaniya.

"I'm fine..." she mumbled and straightened herself and ate the breakfast served to them.

Breakfast ended in a swift ten minutes. As soon as it was over, Zeke, Yuki, and Shiro headed out. Zeke took the driver's seat and Yuki hollered his way in the shotgun seat. Shiro tried to fight for the seat but was unsuccessful after Yuki has a head start out of the door.

Great, now I have no choice but to sit next to him, she thought and hopped in the back of the car.

They drove away to fetch Reiki in his own apartment. Although, Zeke looks unwilling, Scarlet (Reiki's mother) asked for a favor na isabay siyang lagi papasok at pauwi. And since his wife, May agreed, he has no choice but to do as she says.

On the other end, Reiki woke up nearly falling from his bed. Just like Shiro, the scenes of yesterday's event continued to play in his mind. He couldn't believe it, that Shiro felt the same way as him. He felt surreal of it and didn't how to act. He didn't know how to address her which made the whole situation worse on his end.

That's not the only thing running through his head as he remembered another disrespectful thing he has done. He kissed Shiro again without her consent. And for the second time! The first one is when they were on their first trial a month ago. He couldn't bring himself to face her after such a thing he's done. If her father, Zeke heard of it, he'll surely be killed on the spot.

He got out of bed and prepared for the day. As soon as he heard a car beeping from outside, he looked from his window and nearly jumped from the sight of the Nicholas' car. He ran down, locking his unit behind and sprinting down to the car. He halted in front of the door, nervousness seeping out of him.

He opened the car door, flinching to a pause after seeing Shiro seated on the other side of the car. "G-good morning," he greeted.

"S-same to you," Shiro averted her eyes away from him, avoiding to meet his gaze.

Yuki shot a suspicious glance at both of them and Zeke gave them Reiki a suspicious eye from the front mirror. He took his seat beside Shiro and the awkward tension grew immensely as the drive continued. None of them tried to break the awkward silence between them, not daring to even shot a glance at each other.

Yuki and Zeke feeling uncomfortabel the whole ride, not trying to break the growing silence inside the car. They felt confused from their actions and gave each a suspicious glance, taking a back and forth look between Shiro and Reiki. Yuki and Zeke exchanged glances and let out a sighed which none of the two people behin them heard or cared.

All of four them had never been glad to arrive at school. They all heaved a relief sighed, each leaving the car without uttering a word with each other. Shiro headed in first, leaving the rest of them.