Day 5: Analogical

Ship: Analogical 

Prompt: Flowers

Logan supposed flowers were a sort of obsession of his. He had grown up staring at them for hours, drawing them to every minute detail, finding a flower that perfectly matched every person in his life and then only associating them with that. He still had contacts in his phone with names like Gladiolus and Camellia, who he hadn't spoken to in years. So it made sense that he spent a lot of time thinking about his favourite flower - he went through phases of flowers like other kids did colours, and even as an adult he still didn't know for certain. It had become the biggest mystery of his life, the missing puzzle piece to find before his inevitable demise. 

Virgil worked at a flower shop. Flowers were alright, he supposed, but he was mainly there for the cash. But spending so many hours surrounded by vegetation, Virgil started to get preferences for the different types around him. His favourites were bellflowers, that much he knew. He didn't particularly know why, he just felt an affinity for both the purple and indigo blue stocks they had out back. Bellflowers were special, and were only to be shared with special people or particularly demanding customers. In the seven months he'd been there, Virgil had never once broken that rule. 

But both of them had a tradition, which, despite being completely unspoken, was a constant in both of their days. Every morning on his way to university, Logan would walk into the flower shop, pay the correct amount and be gifted with a completely random flower each new day. Logan got something new to study and admire, and Virgil got to push coal into the burning fires of his crush on this incredibly hot man who had captured his heart. That was the way it went on, until one day Virgil decided he would do it. Even if his anxiety wouldn't let him do it directly, he was going to show Logan Logique how much he meant to the other. 

When Logan came in the next morning, the usual rather cute and charming employee wasn't there, which he supposed was odd, but instead the person he thought ran the store winked at him knowingly and passed him two bellflowers, one deep blue and the other beautiful purple, and a note. A love note? From the employee? Well, that was . . . A turn of events. With a blush creeping up his cheeks, Logan fought to keep his composure until he left the shop, then he fled. Feeling were bubbling to the surface, the bane of his existence. Tomorrow would be a very interesting morning, but for now he had two flowers to cherish.