Seven

I wanted to load my pistol and shoot both of these motherfuckers. Sitting in my goddamn living room, in my house. Mine. What kind of fool did Joy think I was?

"Oh, Toni," she began, rising from the couch, beginning to walk toward me. "I...I wasn't expecting you to be back so—"

But I impeded her words saying, "Save your bullshit, Joy." I rolled my eyes, thinking this night couldn't have gone any worse. "Take Becky and get out."

Karen, who continued to sit, seemed almost stunned. Her eyes widened, her mouth gasped. "Uh, it's Karen. And you know what, I feel frightened. Is there a house manager here that I can speak with?"

Joy sighed, placing the palm of her left hand upon her forehead. She knew that her girlfriend had fucked up, entirely.

"Bitch, I don't give a damn if your name was Barbara and mine was Shirley." I pointed toward this woman. Ugh. She made me sick. Her Trump supporting, can-I-speak-with-a-manager having ass. Hell, I'd rather for Joy to have found a drug dealer named Keisha.
"I want you out of my house, so get going."

Karen had fixed her mouth to respond but before she did, Joy looked over at her and said, "Hey, Kare, give us a moment, please. Just go outside, I'll be there in a minute."

Karen grabbed a purse that sat upon the floor next to the couch, then headed for the front door. "Fine, I'll go. But if I have to call the police, I will." She held up her index finger, eyeing me closely.

"If you call the police to my house," at this point, my blood began to boil. I was so over all of this. Every single part of it. "I will beat your white ass."

When the woman was finally out of the house, Joy grew her presence closer to my own. She tried to reach out for me, but I rejected.
"Look, Toni, I am so sorry. I didn't—"

"I don't know what type of games you're playing," I said, impeding her words. I motioned toward her, "But this is the last time you're going to disrespect me."

My wife breathed heavily, shaking her head from side to side. "I did not disrespect you, Toni." I don't know what she missed, but clearly her mind and my own perceived two different scenarios. This woman was crazy, psycho almost.

"In what world is it okay for you to invite her over here while our son is just in the next room sleeping?!" I rose my voice a bit, but not too much to wake our precious boy.

Joy gasped, in disbelief of what was asked. "You act like Karen's a threat." She truly believed she had done nothing wrong. "Do you really think I would've invited her over if I thought she would cause any harm?"

I waved her off, for I too was in disbelief. "I don't know what you'll do these days..." For too long I had put up with way more than I bargained for. "But let me tell you what I'm about to do: first thing tomorrow morning, I'm officially filing for divorce."

I watched as the woman's eyes dropped, her face reddened. "Oh, c'mon, Toni. That's not necessary." She began to breathe rather deeply. I was confused by her reaction. Isn't this what she wanted?

"And why not?" I looked at her sideways, crossing my arms above my chest. "You have moved on, Joy. You're literally about to be living with some other woman. This shit is over between us, so you need to go." I then pointed in the direction of the front door.

Joy's eyes began to tear up, but I didn't give a damn. Her tears meant nothing.
"I'm not ready to lose Josiah...nor you Toni..." She cleared her face, but the tears kept falling. Still, I was not phased.

"You will not lose Jojo, you're his mother and you always will be." I signaled myself. "But me? You lost me a long time ago. Yknow, you should've thought about that before you made your bed, now you got to lay in it."

She was speechless. Her mouth released not one peep, not one word. She finally understood that I had had enough.
With a heavy heart, Joy grabbed what she could, and left.

Immediately after, I went to Josiah's room to check on him. He had still been asleep, tucked in neatly. My poor baby. It was a shame he was getting ready to endure something he didn't even understand. Separate homes, a possible custody battle.
Placing a soft kiss upon his forehead, I prayed for his forgiveness.

Leaving him be, I made my way back into the living quarters. It seemed the only person I could think of was Janet. I began to feel disappointed in how abruptly I left her home. Besides, my leaving wasn't worth the bullshit I came home to.

Utilizing my cellular device, I'd figured the least I could do was offer an apology. I found Janet's contact and began forming a text message.
I explained to her that I didn't mean to leave like I did, but it was the only thing that felt right in that moment.

Immediately, she texted back.

Janet Jackson: no need to apologize, love :) matter fact, you just should come outside.

Me: Hm? What do you mean? Lol.

Janet Jackson: look out of your window :)

A|N:
hmm. your thoughts?

#BLM ✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿🖤