"Oh shit" I mumbled to myself after checking the time.

"Dad, I gotta go practice starts in 45 minutes and I'm not close to getting ready"

"Alright son, tell your mother I said hi"

"Alright talk to you guys later" I waved at the camera.

They waved back and ended the chat.

After that I got dressed in my horrible ass uniform. I packed all my basketball stuff. Then I rushed downstairs to grab something to eat. I saw my mom drinking her coffee and on her phone.

"Dad said hi." I blurted out.

"Oh. That's nice. How's Marilynn?" Her face unfazed.

"She made her junior varsity team. I mean you would know if you called her." I said as poured Frosted Flakes into the bowl.

"Evan." She whispered as she put her phone down.

"What? I mean you ruined the dynamic of this family the least you could do is pick up the phone and call your daughter. You act like you don't care. You know how sad it is for her to call me wondering the next time she's gonna see me? Anytime I talk to you about seeing Marilynn and dad , you pull the I'm so lonely card— the my family hates me card. I pity you so I stay. I'm done with this after I graduate I'm moving out." I yelled as I made my way out the door.

She doesn't know this but I applied for the scholarship. She wants me to go to college here, so I can be close to her. I plan to go to University of North Carolina. That way I can be close to my dad, Marilynn, and Jasmine.
Once I get that scholarship, I'm done with her.

————————————————————————

"Man Coach was on our asses this morning" Eric panted.

"Up our asses? He made us do killers for 21 minutes straight. The same amount of time it took for JT to finally show up to practice" Leo said as he shook his head.

"JT. Why you always gotta come to practice late as hell man? What's up?" I asked.

"I already told y'all. I overslept." He smiled.

"Why does it feel like there's more to the story?" I shook my head.

"Well Nia called me last night and told me her parents were gone for two weeks and that I should pull up. So I did and one thing led to another I ended up leaving her house at 7:19" he chuckled.

JT has no sense of self control when it comes to females. He has always been that way even when we were in middle school. He can get any girl without even trying. I thought he was the luckiest guy in Fendale Middle School. Now I think he's the dumbest guy at Lexington. He's a senior and he's still not committed to a school yet. We're almost done with the season! Instead of playing ball he's playing the hell outta these females.

"I thought you weren't gone let a female tie you down" Leo scoffed.

" I wasn't til Imani. She got me caught up. Nia was just one time type thing. That's all" JT reassured us.

"Right." I nodded.

"But y'know who I really been feeling lately..." JT said.