Chapter 43: It's All About the Chemistry

Start from the beginning

"You are going to get detention till the end of this school year-"

"But-"

"And you are banned from your senior prom."

Her mouth drops open and Natalie finally starts tearing up.

Figures, she'd cry over prom.

"But you can't ban anyone from Prom. It's a dance!" She say frantically,"As long as a person has a ticket-"

"Miss Anderson I don't know which school you seem to be attending but I'm the principal of this school and I can do as I see fit."

The expression on Natalie's face is priceless.

"But-" she says helplessly.

"And you are suspended off the cheerleading squad for the next month."

"WHAT?"

Ouch that's got to hurt.

"You heard me and I want no arguments."

Natalie slumps back,"But I'm the captain-"

"I'm sure you have a vice captain too." She cuts her off.

"But I'll miss most of football season." She says.

"Then you should have thought through the consequences."

"Clara." Our principal says kindly,"Do you have anything to add to this?"

I look at her surprised.

"As if this is not enough." Natalie mutters.

"N-no." I stammer out.

"Okay." She says noding,"If Miss Anderson steps out of line with you I want you to report it immediately."

I give her a small nod.

"Tomorrow I want you both at the counsellors after school, I will see to it personally." She says firmly.

I start to turn around and I can her Natalie getting up too until our principal speaks again,"Miss Anderson you're forgetting something."

Natalie raises a tired eyebrow,"What?"

She reaches into her cabinet and takes out a small key.

"This is the key to the janitors closet." She says,"Tomorrow morning when I arrive I want to see that floor sparkling, you got it? You can take the help of all your friends outside who helped you with this. They are going to be joining you for detention too."

Natalie simply bows her head and takes the key before leaving.

I'm about to leave too when Mrs David's calls out.

"And Miss Wilson if you are to take any pictures whatsoever and post it on a website for the whole school to see, I had no prior knowledge about it." She says giving me a wink.
____

"I'm sorry you had to wait."

He gives me a small smile,"What happened to our no sorry deal?"

"Right totally forgot about that, sorr-" I realise what I'm about to say and I put my face in my hands and Alec laughs.

"You know what?" I say pushing my matted hair out of my face,"I'm just going to shut up."

"Since we are at the topic of apologies." He says,"I'm sorry for all of that, I- I thought it would be romantic but instead it just-"

"I thought it was beautiful." I say smiling,"The black oil paint being the best part."

He groans and I find myself laughing.