Chapter 29: Sabotage

Comenzar desde el principio

But my mood changed drastically as I saw Mr. Martinez waiting in the entrance of my building. I was about to walk through the doors and greet him when he stepped in front of me.

"Mr. Willshire. Come with me to my office." He said with no absolute trace of humor.

I looked at him confusingly. "O-Okay." I said, reluctantly following him.

We got stares and confused looks as we were walking down the hall. We entered his office, he sat in his chair while I sat across him, still bewildered. He started opening his folders, checking his papers, organizing them. 

"I... Did I do something wrong, Mr. Martinez?" 

And that's when he looked up at me with a stern glare on his face. "Are you seriously asking me that, Mr. Willshire? Are you proud of what you did?"

"What could I have possibly done that I don't know?" I asked, a little intimidated under his withering glare.

He slid an opened folder towards me, a picture of a surveillance video there. I took a closer look to see a figure standing there, facing the wall, the jacket looking awfully familiar. All the color drained on my face as the next photo showed the figure vandalizing the wall, creating disrespectful phrases and inappropriate drawings.

"But, Mr. Martinez, this is not me."

"I've seen you wear that jacket around, Mr. Willshire. I'm not gonna lie, I'm disappointed, given your advocacy in this year's election. You're one of the promising candidates. I refuse to believe you could do something like this." He said sadly.

I bowed my head down. "Mr. Martinez, this is a misunderstanding. I would never do something to harm not only the environment but our dignity too." I said softly to prevent him from getting angrier. 

He sighed, running a hand through his hands. "You haven't been proven guilty, so I guess you can't be punished for this. I really, really hope you had nothing to do with this, Mr. Willshire. You... you have so much potential."

As I stood up and got ready to leave, I thought of something to ease the situation. "Mr. Martinez, If I may, I'll clean up the... the wall myself."

He looked up from one of the papers he was reading. "Theodore, you don't need to do that."

"But I offered, Sir. I want to do this."

Mr. Martinez just unwillingly nodded as I exited the room.

The moment I came out of the door, all eyes turned on me. I lowered my head as I walked down the hall. 

A person stood in my way, keeping me from walking further. "So, Willshire! I heard you vandalized the school's wall!" 

I looked up at the source of the awfully familiar voice, Rod stood there, his tall figure towering over me. 

"You're so bad." He mockingly said, scrunching his face as he leveled our faces. He shoved a finger to my left shoulder, making me step backward. "I never knew you had it in you." He said, poking my shoulder once again with his finger. 

I avoided eye contact and looked at the floor to not only avoid his gaze but everyone else's, since all eyes are on my now.

Rod stepped forward, our faces a few inches apart. "Show me how bad you are." He said with a taunting but charming smile. "You can't, because you're weak." He stepped forward, making me step backwards. "Punch me." He whispered. 

When I didn't make a move, he shoved me roughly, making me lose balance but I caught myself. 

"Well, what have we got here? A troublemaker is scared of me?"