chapter forty-eight

Mulai dari awal

"someone's creating an army" carlisle finally spoke up, after a few moments of realization of what was happening.

emmett stood up in enthusiasm, eyes lighting up with fire and determination as he looked at his family one by one with an excited grin on his red lips.

"oh, now we definitely have to go"

"wait, an army of vampires?" bella asked again, her mind couldn't keep up with the rest of them.

"there haven't been any newborn armies in over a century that i don't know of" carlisle stated.

"there is now, and they're created to fight someone" jasper followed, shaking his head in the process.

"we're the only clan closest to seattle though" madelline said, her eyes darting back and forth between the family.

"regardless, if we don't put a stop to it, the volturi will. i'm even surprised they let this go for too long" carlisle said. he was confused at the volturi, why weren't they putting a stop to this and let the issue go on for too long and risked their exposure.

"maybe they're the one behind it... if they're ignoring it" madelline said, out of guess.

"when we were in italy, i read aro's mind" edward soon followed as he remembered his time back to volterra.

"he doesn't want me to see but i did. he wanted me, alice and most especially mads. she is the first of her kind and most possibly, the most powerful being on earth" he continued, "it would extremely maximize his power"

"and he knows we won't join him as long as our family lives"

"and an army could solve that for him" madelline realized, sitting beside jasper and looked up to edward. fear flashed to her eyes but only for a couple of seconds before going away.

jasper rubbed slightly her arm in comfort and kissed her temple, making her tensed up muscles slightly relax yet her mind couldn't stay still as she continued to have thoughts regarding the matter at hand.

"we can't wait two weeks from now, edward you have to change me now-" bella started as her eyes looked up to edward but was cut off by madelline.

"you'd be a liability" madelline stated, looking up to her. bella looked at her, slightly offended at her words and gulped down her words as she let madelline's words sink in to her.

"what she meant was, you'd be a liability because you're unable to control your focus making you the easy target" jasper explained, trying to make madelline's words less offensive.

madelline only looked apologetically to bella and mentally slapped her forehead for being so blunt at the wrong time. it was her slight flaw, for being too blunt at such matters.

carlisle put a hand on bella's shoulder with an empathetic look on his face.

"and you have your father to reconsider bella. and your mother, it would be terrible for them if you suddenly just disappeared" he said.

bella only nodded, understanding what they were trying to say. she understood where madelline was coming from and didn't intend for it to go wrong. she only sighed and stuffed her hands inside her pockets.

"but..." emmett started but madelline and rosalie shot him a look making him shut up instantly and leaned his back again to the sofa with a slight pout.

"hey, can we go first?" jasper asked, noticing how madelline looked. the tiredness slowly becoming evident on her.

carlisle only nodded and let them go with a grateful expression for their help. madelline studied beforehand so if ever things come up, she can help and she did which carlisle was thankful for.

madelline and jasper stood up and went upstairs to their room, she got in first before sitting at his bed and laid her back down sighing in relief and comfort. jasper joined her and leaned himself to his left elbow as he glanced down to his girl.

"you alright darling?" he asked in concern, caressing her cheek with the pad of his thumb.

"yeah, yeah i'm alright. i think" she said, trying to assure herself more than jasper without realizing it.

"it sucks not sleeping" she whined and leaned herself more to jasper, her head now leaning to his chest as his hand brushed through her hair making her sigh in content.

"you can close your eyes and relax your mind" jasper said.

she nodded before looking up at him and slightly leaned in to kiss his lips before standing up.

"can i borrow a tshirt?" she asked, looking over at shoulder and towards jasper who has his arms back at his head so that he could see madelline more.

he only hummed in approval and watched at how madelline bent down to his drawer to grab a random tshirt. madelline went inside the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror. she now only realized at how everything changed at her, her cheekbones were more prominent and her eyes fashioned a slight deep coloured making her hazel eyes pop out more.

she removed her pants and changed into jasper's tshirt, but she suddenly felt a hand on her waist making her look again at the mirror and sees jasper behind her with his hair up in a bun and a daze look at his eyes as he watched his girl in front of him. she turned around to tell him that she was not done but she was cut off by jasper's lips against hers.

their lips collided with each other while her arms found their way towards his neck, her hands gripping the ends of his hairs lightly before tugging into it making him lowly groan. he grabbed her thighs and immediately lifted her up, wrapping her legs around his waist which enabled for him to push himself further against her.

madelline soon pulled away and looked at jasper with a slight surprise on her eyes and loosely hung her arms around his neck.

"what was that for?" she asked, her lips curving into a smirk as she caressed the nape of his neck.

"its nothing" jasper answered, all of a sudden becoming shy compared to what he was few minutes ago. madelline chuckled seeing his actions.

"come on" she tried again.

"its just that, you're in my shirt and you just look so good in it" he answered, still looking at the ground while biting his lip making madelline go crazy with her insides going into a frenzy.

"just because i'm wearing your shirt babe?" she asked, chuckling making jasper glare at her playfully and kissed her again before pulling away.

"yes" he briefly answered making madelline laugh more.

she now leaned in to kiss him again, her tongue lightly swiping across his bottom lip gaining access from him. their once affectionate kiss slowly turned into a fierce one as he pulled her in more making her chest pressed up more to him.

he sped her towards their bed making madelline softly bounce, he looked at her with such adoration in his eyes loving how the moonlight shone against his beloved perfectly giving her features and assets more credit than ever.

"is this your new way of relieving my exhaustion?" she asked with a mischievous smirk on her lips, biting her lips softly making jasper's eyes turned to look at it.

"maybe" he answered kissing her jaw gently.

"you do know, we have a family full of vampire hearing?" madelline stated, laughing at him.

"well you just have to be quiet darling" he smirked at her after pulling away before slamming his lips against yours.

well let's just say, madelline wasn't tired anymore.