Mini Chapter #5

Mama Inko focused chapter

Midoriya Inko had become something of a hermit. She'd moved into a smaller apartment building shortly after Deku's suicide note had been found. Her new neighbors didn't know much about the green haired woman aside from the fact she rarely left her apartment other than to get groceries and the only person she'd talk to was a blonde woman who came to visit every so often. They'd tried to talk to the woman, tried to figure out why she was so reclusive, but she wasn't all that open about it.

They gave up trying after two months, having made no headway. They still didn't know until almost an entire year later, when one neighbor saw her suddenly burst out of her room, phone in hand, a shine in her eyes that hadn't been there before. Later, when the headline came out about a "Midoriya Izuku", they made the connection between him and their reclusive neighbor.

The blonde had visited again that same night, and one lady stopped her to ask just what had happened. Mitsuki, not thinking very much, told her, and soon the whole apartment complex knew the story. How her son had supposedly committed suicide and it had torn her up, only for him to resurface almost a year later and her to find out that he was now a villain. How he had then been broken out of a police vehicle and was back with them. Tonight they'd watched in horror as All Might was killed, and saw Deku smiling on that screen.

All Might's final battle had been the very last straw for Inko. Seeing her little boy standing with the horrible villain who'd just murdered the man he used to admire with all his heart... she couldn't take it. In a fit of sorrow and rage, she screamed out and threw the remote at the TV, cracking the screen. When her nearest neighbor finally got into her apartment, he was met with the sight of a very broken woman sobbing and screaming uncontrollably as small objects near her levitated a few feet off the ground.

He'd called for help and went in to try to calm her down, but it wasn't helping much. A couple hours later, Mitsuki arrived, looking almost as broken as Inko. The blonde woman was finally able to calm down her friend and shooed everyone else out of the apartment. The next day, Midoriya Inko was admitted to a mental hospital.

She'd made a few friends there, one of which being Rei Todoroki. Now, she, Rei, and Mitsuki, who was visiting, were talking.

"Has there been any news on Katsuki?" Inko asked.

"Yes actually... he's alive. We don't know where he is, but he's alive. I just can't help but think of what an awful state he must be in. It's been two and a half months..." she trailed off.

"They're going to find him Mitsuki, don't worry."

"I know, I know, it's just... hard. Anyway, Rei, has your son visited you yet?"

"No... I don't blame him though, after what I did. Fuyumi and Natsuo haven't talked to him either yet." Rei said, a sad note in her voice.

"He's probably just busy with hero training. I'm sure he'll come visit as soon as he can." Inko reassured the woman.

"You're probably right, and I can't really complain, considering the situation the two of your sons are in." Inko winced. She hated thinking about how her sweet child was a villain.

"Inko, Izuku is still in there. They'll get your son back, just like they'll get mine."

"Yeah... yeah you're right. It just... hurts."

"Inko, I may not know exactly what you're going through, but I've gone through something similar. If Shouto could pull through, Izuku can too."

Mitsuki was about to say something else when a worker came in to say that visiting hours were over. "Oh, sorry, see you two next time I visit then!" She said with a forced smile. Rei and Inko were left in a strange silence for a few seconds before another worker came in to take them back to their rooms.

He'll pull through. He has to pull through. I have to believe that my Izuku will pull through.

Word Count: 706

Not super happy with how this turned out, but I don't know how to fix it and just wanted to put out an Inko focused chapter. Hope it was still enjoyable, have a great day/night! <3