Chapter 18~Love in Bloom

Start from the beginning

"I hear your heart beat to the beat of the drums,
Oh, what a shame that you came here with someone,
So while you're here in my arms,
Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young!"

"We're gonna die young!
We're gonna die young!
Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young!
Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young!"

   After the song was over, I found myself dipped down in Sonics arms, getting lost in his emerald green eyes. We were both blushing like crazy. Then, to my surprise, he bent down and kissed me on the lips! After a few seconds, I kissed him back, closing my eyes.

   After we pulled away, he drew out a bracelet from his quills. It was gold with half a heart filled with mother of pearl and half of a sapphire in the middle. After he placed it on my wrist, he showed me his. His was silver in color, with a lapis lazulli half a heart and half of a pearl.

   "Look at this, they connect. I had Tails make them for us." He said, still blushing. "Pearl the Hedgehog, will you make me the happiest Mobian on this world, and be my betrothed?"

   "Yes!" I squeal, launching myself into his arms. "And don't worry. I won't be like Amy Rose. We can go at whatever pace you want."

~Lunar's PoV~
   It's been two days since Pearl and Sonic announced their betrothalment. I only wish that the ebony hedgie I crushed on would feel the same way. Just then, I remembered; tonight's a blue moon lunar eclipse! I swiftly set up a cozy picnic on Shadow's roof and went of to find that edgy hedgie.

   "Hey Shadow. Do you want to watch the lunar eclipse with me? I've already set up a nice place." I ask the crimson-striped prince, crossing my fingers behind my back.

   "Sure, why not?" He replied, and I squealed internally. He actually said yes! That night, he Chaos Controlled us both to his roof and we got settled in.

   "I'll admit it, this is a pretty nice setup." He commented, taking a bite out of the apple tarts Vanilla had made for me. I look over at him and notice that his cheeks are red.

   'Is he blushing?' I wonder, then chase the thought away as he continues.

   "Though I want to get something of my chest; it might spoil the mood though." He said, calling forth his guitar. I snuggle closer.

   "If something's bothering you, you can tell me. I'll always be here for you." I say, and he smiles.

Shadow                Lunar

"I'm at war with the world and they,
Try to pull me into the dark,
I struggle to find my faith,
As I'm slipping from your arms."

"It's getting harder to stay awake,
And my strength is fading fast,
You breathe into me at last!"

"I'M AWAKE!
I'M ALIVE!
NOW I KNOW WHAT I BELIEVE INSIDE!
NOW! IT'S MY TIME,
I DO WHAT I WANT,
'CAUSE THIS IS MY LIFE!"

"HERE!
RIGHT HERE!
RIGHT NOW!
RIGHT NOW!
I'LL STAND MY GROUND AND NEVER BACK DOWN!
I KNOW WHAT I BELIEVE INSIDE,
I'M AWAKE AND I'M ALIVE!"