Chapter 3~Gone

~Sonia's PoV~

   I'm kicking and blasting at robots left and right when I saw a familiar blur of blue zoom by everyone else towards the machine!

   Time in the room seems to freeze. My brother and I can only watch helplessly as the top of it slams down, sealing my oldest and youngest siblings' fate.

   "Sonic! Amber! NO!!!" We cry out simultaneously, as the bad guys around us revel in their victory.

   'Why? Why would you do something like this?' I scold him mentally. Then, when the machine activates; I lose it.

   I attempt to run at the machine, hoping I could break it open like mother had done when we had nearly lost Manic to a portable Robotisizer four months back. Two steps forward and I feel my remaining brother's arms wrap around me and he begins to drag me towards the exit.

~Manic's PoV~

   "NO!! WE CAN GET THEM OUT!!! LET ME GO!!! WE CAN'T LEAVE!! NO SIBLING LEFT BEHIND!!! REMEMBER!!!" Sonia screams out, twisting and writhing in my embrace, tears streaming down her muzzle.

   "Sonia, sis, please." I say, tears leaking from my eyes as well. We make it to the vents. "I don't wanna leave them anymore than you do, but we need to go. We'll continue this fight for them; we'll fight it in their memory. OK?"

   She gives a feeble nod, then crawls through the vent until we exit the tower, then we run to our van, and drive to the rendezvous point.

   Once there, we both sit on the floor of our van, hugging, weeping and trying to comfort each other for losing our siblings. We don't even notice our medallions flashing, as if they're attempting to tell us that everything will be okay.