Chapter 5~Seven Years Later

~Blaze's PoV~

   The large oak tree we were in provided the perfect vantage point for observing the sprawling complex that was Dr. Eggman's base. A week ago he had stolen one of my Sol Emeralds, and with the silver hedgehog that was currently on the branch below mine's help; getting it back should be a piece of cake.

   "Okay, I've pinpointed it's location. Silver?" I ask him, dropping down to the flat, concrete roof dotted with skylights.

   "Of course Blaze." He tells me, opening the nearest skylight with his telekinesis powers.

   Few minutes later, we were on our way to the entrance, the yellow Sol Emerald in hand, having encountered zero robots, zero traps, and no Eggman. 'This went better than I hoped.' I thought to myself, not knowing that the discovery Silver and I were about to make would change everything.

~Silver's PoV~

   'Now that's peculiar.' I thought, glancing at a suspicious looking panel on the wall.

   "Blaze, get back." I instruct, readying a psychic thrust. Shoving my hands forwards, the panel buckles inwards and falls into the secret nightmarish room.

   Poorly cleaned blood stains are present on the floor, discarded syringes and drug tubes litter the place. Five clipboards hang next to an empty wall. A torture table is in one corner, with lab instruments that are the definition of nightmare fuel. Blaze jogs over to the clipboards while I take a peek at a display case in the middle of the room.

   Inside it, a medallion of some sort of white crystal shaped like a microphone. It hangs on a cobalt blue strap. Two tassels, one pink and one lime green border it. Upon closer inspection I see a silver plate hanging from the green tassel with the word 'Ambrosia' on it. Hanging from the pink tassel, is a miniature silver charm shaped like an acoustic guitar.

   I break the case and pick it up, suddenly feeling the crystal pulsing. As I approach Blaze, who is reading the clipboards looking disgusted and nauseous simultaneously, the pulsing gets stronger and even begins to glow.

   She runs over to a power box and I realized it's a disguised keypad as she punches in a code. The blank wall slides open what's inside shocks us to our core.

   Five cryo-stasis tanks line the wall. Blaze approaches the first one going right to left. Holding out the light pink clipboard she reads out the information of the two-tailed girl inside.

   "'Project Breakup'." She reads. "Date Found: Dec. 26th, Year 2. Last Checkup: Dec. 27th, Year 2. Special Powers: unknown. Description: I discovered this beauty a month after my second defeat against that Blue Rat, Sonic. This time, he had been joined by a two-tailed male fox. Finding this pretty girl, I have a plan. Ill wait 'till said fox is older than send her out to flirt and steal Tails' love from Sonic. It's the perfect plan. Better keep her in a stasis tank until the time is right though. Don't want them to discover her too soon.' "

   I glance at the white and pink fox in pity. For five years, she'd been trapped not even allowed to see the sun. Blaze continues onward, holding a white clipboard after snapping the pink board in half and burning it.

   "'Project P.E.A.R.L. Date Found: Aug 26th, Year 6. Last Checkup: Jan 1st, Year 7. Special Powers: Super Speed. Description: I believe I've discovered that hedgehog's weakness. He longs for company. So, I've genetically created this perfect specimen. I call her the Perfect Entity Animal Robotisized Lover or PEARL. I'll pretend to threaten her and when that pest comes running, BAM! Asta La Vista Sonic the Hedgehog!' "

   "Okay, this confirms it. Eggman is sick." I comment, glancing at the crystal white hedgehog in pity.

   "It only gets worse." Blaze said, standing in front of a jet black lioness. "Meet 'Project Blackout. Date Found: July 5th, Year 4. Last Checkup: Yesterday. Super Powers: Shadow Teleportation & Shadow Manipulation. Description: Ah... My favorite weapon. I've been injecting her once a week with a black goop I found during the alien invasion a few years back(Shadow the Hedgehog game). As a result, she can now control shadows and teleport to places that have shadows. Its been fun watching her try to teleport through her own shadow, but she can't. Guess that's a rule for her teleportation ability.'"

   "Project Moondust. Date Found: #####, Year 7. Last Checkup: failed. Super Powers: Chaos Energy. Description: A failed experiment that I'll get rid of at 20:00(8:00 pm) on July 18th.' That's today, Silver." She continued. "And finally, the most heartbreaking and sickening one of all."

   At the very end of the row, a metallic gold-furred hedgehog floats, completely limp, no fight in her at all. I place my hand on the reinforced glass and the pendant in my quills begins to strobe & vibrate frantically, signally that this hedgehog, is Ambrosia.

   "Project Goldust. Discovered: Feb. 14th, Year 1. Last Checkup: Last Month. Powers: Speed, possible others. Description: Ahh. My favorite plaything. I manipulated her into thinking she killed whoever that 'Blue' person she mention on the table her first day. She's been very compliant ever since. The example experiment, perfect in every way. I've tested her DNA, her potential is exemplary. She must never be found. Besides, who else would I have "fun"(I'll leave you to guess what I mean-here's a hint: 18+ moments) with?' " Blaze said, with unfiltered hatred and disgust.

   "That's it!" I exclaim angrily. I march over to the switches and pull all five of them. Simultaneously, the liquid inside drains and the tanks open with a loud hiss.

   "Silver?" Blaze said incredulously, shocked at my tone, as I use my telekinesis to pick up two of the hedgehogs and the lioness.

   "Pick up the fox girl, I've got Ambrosia. I'm not leaving them to be Eggman's dolls." I snarl, scooping up the fragile, 19 year-old hedgehog.

(Timeskip to Blaze & Silver's home)

   When we arrive home, I gently take Ambrosia to the spare bedroom. Setting her down on the bed, I take the medallion and re-clasp it around her neck. Heading down, I notice the other four waking up, so I set them down in armchairs while Blaze puts the pretty fox on our sofa.

   "Who are you two?" Pearl asked, one of her eyes changing to a coral(her eye changes colors based on her emotions. Read my Book of Sonic OCs for more details) color.

   "I am Blaze the Cat. And this is Silver the Hedgehog. We've rescued you from that Dr. Eggman's base." Blaze said what are your names we already know you're Pearl and the girl upstairs is named Ambrosia."

   "Okay, we've given ourselves our own names though. We've named me Lunar," the silvery-blue hedgehog said. "We call the fox Vixen and the lioness Onyx. Also, Vixen is blind. Can we stay with you guys?"

   "Of course. Can you tell us what's wrong with Ambrosia?" I said.

   "We suspect that she has amnesia." Onyx replied sadly. "But not in her nightmares." At this the four girls shudder.