Igor.

"Igor, bring me my makeup," the mistress of Lennox Manor said. Igor dreaded the job of being a personal servant, but it was much better than the coal mines that he had to work in before.

Igor dreaded the dark, even if he was supposedly a 'creature of the night.' He hated it with every fiber of his whole being. It was freezing cold in the caves that the coal hid in, and the firedamp that leaked from the makeshift walls stunk to high-heavens.

Igor and the other slaves, unlike the humans, could tell if there were any leaks of methane or other flammable gases near by with their enhanced sense of hearing and smell.

The canary in a coal mine was no longer, because the GenAlucards were much more efficient, and a very few handful of humans were there to supervise. They were able to avoid the diseases humans were prone to when it came to working there.

The work in the coal mines was dangerous, as they were known for their treacherous cave-ins.

The collapses came without warning, and anyone standing in their way were either killed or gravely injured. A disadvantage to them was that they were still not any stronger than humans, and they had a hard time working in confined spaces because of the bat wings that got in the way. Their wings were restrained, but they still were bulky.

"Here is your bag of makeup, Mistress." Mistress Maisie snatched it away from him. "Ooh, let's see! What would I like to put on my lips? Red or Black, Igor?" Maisie turned and stared at him until he gave an answer.

"I always say that it's your decision in the end, but I like the red one more as it goes with your hair."

Mistress Maisie twirled her hair of a chocolate brown color on her finger and smiled.

"Why, thank you, Igor." Mistress Maisie then continued on to smear the red substance around her lips and puckered them up to him.

Humans were an unfamiliar race to the GenAlucards and some of the things they did confused them.

"Don't I look gorgeous?" The Mistress bragged. Igor quickly looked her up and down while she was not looking. Maisie was wearing a nice purple flowing blouse and black slacks, her long, curly, chocolate brown hair was in a messy bun.

Her eyes, hazel and telling were accented by mascara and eye liner, with a little bit of yellow eye shadow. Her skin tone a very pink but fair shade made the red lipstick stand out even more.

"Mistress Lennox, I can't confirm that as I'm forbidden to." Maisie frowned.

Igor knew all the rules when it came to being a servant; a step up from being one of the slaves to any of the mines. He never again wanted to go through the hell that was being enslaved.

He liked the servitude life much better, as he was able to get consistent meals of moderate size, or at least compared to before when portions were small which had made him weak.

He was also fortunate to have the tiniest bit of time to be alone inside his own little room before bed and in the early part of the morning, that is when he read the classic vampire books like Dracula, The Hunger, 'Salem's Lot, and many others.

He had found them at a local bazaar and they fetched high prices, because they were hundreds of years old and had not been in print for a long time.

Igor had always wondered why vampires sounded so similar to his race. The vampires in the stories he read had fangs, similar eye colors and pale skin that his race had. They could change into bats, as compared to the GenAlucards who had big black bat wings on their backs.

The only difference was that, the vampires in the story could grow and get rid of wings in an instant, but the GenAlucards had to bear the full weight of them all of the time, and Genalucards did not drink blood.