Floran was listening intently and had completely stopped helping. "Everything before my wonderful wife Telia, was like a dream, another lifetime ago. I'm afraid I'd be entirely lost without her," the Cleric finished. He saw the wick of a candle was slightly askew and straightened it with his fingers, "Ah, there. All done."

"That's everything?" asked Floran, looking around. Lots of white cloths with gold lining, white and red candles and other tiny, ceremonial statues that Floran didn't recognise. "Yes, my dear boy, it is ready" said the Cleric, somberly. "Such a shame all these beautiful trimmings and adornments should be spent on a funeral," said Floran, rubbing some of the linen between his fingers.

"Well, it's not a funeral, but rather a celebration of an ending to this life and beginning their next stage of existence," said the Cleric with an element of wonder. He loved it when he was able to teach people new ideas.

"What do you mean by that?" asked Floran, inquisitively. "We live multiple lives during one lifetime and I'm sure death is no different. Every time we experience change in this life, big change, it is like being born again. We vaguely remember who we were, sometimes we weep for the past, sometimes we are glad to be rid of it. Regardless, we are forever changed and thereby living a new life," said the Cleric, flattening out some cloth that had bunched together.

"You speak as if new lives are caused by fate, but what if you had the choice whether or not to start a new life?" the Prince asked, sitting on a nearby chair, draped in white and gold cloth.
"Should a blessing come to you that would mean starting afresh, I always advise taking the opportunity with both hands, thank the universe and never let it go," said the Cleric, acting out his words with his own hands.

"What if you're unsure if it's the right decision," asked Floran, invested. "You have many questions. All of which can be answered by listening to the wisest of all teachers, your heart," said the Cleric, knowingly.

The Cleric bowed to the altar, then turned to Floran.

"The Dwarfs are ready for the next phase of their lives," said the Cleric, turning to Floran, "The question is, are you?"

As the Cleric left the room, Floran remained seated, deep in thought.

* * *

Orion was toiling outside his home, sharpening his small axes. Back and forth, back and forth. He picked one up and looked closely at the blade. The sun shone off the point it was so sharp.

In a swift motion, he readied the axe in his hand and threw it at a tree. It embedded deep into the trunk of the tree, like a hot knife through butter.

* * *

It was getting late and that meant Snow was about to go out for her evening walk. Floran had to catch her before she left the castle. He looked around corners and ran up and down hallways until finally he found her, just leaving her room.

"There you are!" he said relieved, panting. "Yes, I'm running a little late for my stroll," said Snow, confused, "What's going on?"

"I have done some soul searching," began Floran, taking Snow's hands in his, "And to put it simply, I wish to reaffirm our commitment." Floran looked deeply into Snow's eyes, smiling. Snow withdrew her hands from his.

"I don't know about that," Snow said, shaking her head, "A moment ago you said we should be apart. I don't know what to make of your flipping and flopping."

"I was confused before, but not anymore," pleaded Floran. "What happens if you change your mind again, hmm?" asked Snow. "I won't, I'm sure," exclaimed Floran. "You seemed so sure before," retorted Snow.