viii. Glory and Glore

Glory and Glore - Lorde

The next day, I decided to return the journal to Tom. As much as I hated to admit it, I missed him quite a bit. I know he had some fucked up plans in mind regarding Horcruxes, but I truly did love him. The unfamiliar power filled my mind more often than it used to. Love. The inappropriate thoughts that dusted a muted pink across my cheeks crept around my mind every once and a while. It didn't happen very often, but they still existed within my head, which I didn't particularly enjoy, but what could I do? I was a teenager after all.

Soon enough, breakfast was right around the corner, but it was still a little early for most students to be up. I've been in my thoughts almost all morning and I didn't even realize it.

I finally crawled out of my four-poster bed, and sauntered over to my rather large wardrobe. I pulled out my wrinkle-free school uniform. Recently, I learned a spell that would help me quite a bit. A spell that knotted my tie for me. Now, I wouldn't have to make Abraxas or Tom do it for me. Soon enough, I was dressed. I threw my robes on over my uniform. Today I decided to throw my hair into an elegant bun, and placed dainty jewelry around my fingers and neck that complimented my emerald uniform. I then applied light makeup. The finishing touch was my shiny prefect badge. The most powerful title I held besides my last name and such a strong, pure bloodline.

After I was done dolling myself up, I strutted out of my dormitory, down the staircase, and right into the gloomy common room. I had Tom's journal mixed in with my school books, hoping to meet him somewhere along my way to the Great Hall.

Speak of the devil. Tom was sitting on the common room couch by himself, his head placed in his hands. It looked like he had been crying for quite some time. This was very curious of Tom, as I've only seen his tear stained face once, and it was very brief. He hadn't noticed me yet. I quietly walked to him, and sat down next to him. He felt the shift in the couch and his eyes cut straight into my own. I could almost never break the eye contact we held. It was rather powerful.

"Y/n?" He quietly said in more of a questioning manner. His voice sounded tired, and broken. He didn't sleep much last night, I could tell.

"Tom, are you feeling alright?" I questioned, worry filled my voice. I hesitantly placed my head on his shoulder. He slightly shifted due to the sudden physical contact, but he didn't push me away like expected.

"I'm fine, Y/n. I'm just a little stressed, that is all, I promise." He admitted. I looked up into his eyes once more, and paid close attention to his facial detail. He had faint bags under his dark eyes that were slightly bloodshot, but he still looked incredibly handsome per usual. His cheekbones were very defined, and his smooth skin, rather pale. His dark hair was placed above his left eye, perfectly wavy.

"Oh, I almost forgot," I began to say while reaching into your school bag for his journal. "Here's your journal. I read it all." He hesitantly took it, and slightly frowned. I wasn't sure as to why he frowned, but I decided not to question him.

"Thanks, love." He finally replied. I laid my head into his lap, and stayed like this for a little bit. He delicately ran his fingers around my scalp, making sure not to mess up my bun. It was rather comforting. I wish I could stay like this forever.

Soon enough, the other students began to wake up and sleepily waltz into the common room, so I straightened myself out, and Tom and I began our stroll to the Great Hall for the first meal of the day.

The walk wasn't very interesting, all we did was talk about typical, basic topics. We chatted about how our classes were going, which ones we were doing well in, which of course, Tom was doing well in all of them. I was only slightly struggling in my Study of Ancient Runes class. I accelerated  in Potions and Defense Against the Dark Arts, though.

Finally, we reached the Great Hall and sat down in our typical seats. I sat next to Tom, and Abraxas and Avery sat across from us. It was refreshing to have Tom back, truly. My plate appeared, and I dug into fluffy, scrambled eggs and delicious pancakes. I drank a glass of pumpkin juice alongside with my breakfast. Walburga shot me a couple of glares, but I wasn't exactly sure as to why. Sure, she was a bitch, but I didn't do anything!

Soon enough, breakfast was over and it was time to go to classes. Today was rather boring, up until my Potions class with Professor Slughorn.

I had Potions with Gryffindor, and I sat next to Tom, along with Abraxas and Avery. Today we were making a potion called  The Draught of the Living Dead. Tom and I decided to be partners, since we were both great at Potions, while Abraxas and Avery partnered up. They were both wonderful at the subject too, but Tom and I were Slughorn's favorite students.

"Y/n, would you mind getting the ingredients from the cabinet just over there?" Tom asked, giving you a charming smile. It was hard to turn down his perfect smile.

"Of course, only the best for you, Tom." I sarcastically said back to him, which earned me a chuckle from the typically serious boy.

I sauntered over to the cabinet which held the ingredients I'd need for the potion, knowing that Tom would grow impatient with me. Walburga rushed to the cabinet also, pushing me aside to grab what she needed.

"Watch it, Malfoy." She said in her typical, snobbish tone of voice.

"What's the matter with you, Black? You've been being a bitch to me all year! Sure, we aren't typically buddy buddy with each other, but seriously, what the hell! Are you jealous? You've got the hots for Tom or something?" I snapped back, adding my famous victory smirk at the end. I could really be a bitch to people, well, I usually was. Mostly only Walburga, but typically not this rude.

"Of course not! Stop being a selfish little prick!" She huffed back. Words didn't really affect me, and I typically just brushed them off.

"Sounds like you're talking about yourself, Black." I remarked. I turned on my heel, and strutted back to my desk, ingredients in arm. Tom had a huge grin on his face.

"So, I overheard your little chat with Black over there," he began. "I must say, I'm impressed. Didn't think you had it in you."

"I'll have you know Tom, I've got more balls than you." I replied matter-o-factly, which earned a quiet chortle from both Abraxas and Avery. Tom jokingly rolled his eyes at me and the giddy boys. 

"You guys are too much for me." He sighed. It felt like everything was going right for once. Everything seemed normal. It's like I didn't cry myself to sleep last night, and I didn't catch Tom crying quietly in the common room this morning. All of that drifted from my mind, and I caught myself with a cheeky grin on my face. Everything was as perfect as it could be.

Sorry for such a short chapter!! I felt bad since it's been about four days now since an update, and I've left you guys hanging. Things have been a little wild. Thanks for sticking around! I really appreciate it, plus I reached 400 reads! Thank you for that also!

- V