iv. Primum Osculum

First Kiss - The time you first kiss someone. One of the best memories of your life.

Class this week happened to go quite slower than I expected. Tom and I haven't spoke much since that awkward hug we shared in the girl's lavatory. I wish we talked more. It's quite curious of me, though. I don't know why I wish we talked more at all. Sure, I considered him a friend, but I'm not too sure he felt the same inside. Tom didn't really have "friends". He had companions, or acquaintances.

It was finally Saturday, meaning we had no classes since it was the weekend. I woke up quite early and climbed out of my comfortable bed. I brushed through my frizzy, H/C hair, and threw it into a messy, low knot. I didn't really mind my appearance on the weekends, but I still did dress up. That's the one thing I always did no matter the occasion. Dress up. I felt as if it were comforting to make myself look rather presentable. Even though my hair was quite a mess, it fit the look pretty well. I threw on an emerald green pleated skirt, 'Mary Jane' style shoes with frilly, white socks, and a rather elegant white blouse. I sure did look wealthy, and that's really just because I was. Sometimes I felt guilty because of the amount of currency we owned, but that's just what it was like to be a Malfoy. A very privileged, lavish life.

I made my way into the common room, my Dark Arts book in hand. I was sure no one else would be up, until I saw him. I should've known Tom would be awake at his hour. Although things have been a little odd around him lately, I wasn't just going to turn right back into my dormitory due to the situation. He was wearing a white button down, tucked into black dress trousers, with black dress shoes on. Tom looked rather handsome. His dark locks looked perfect, per usual. He truly took wonderful care of his appearance.

"Good morning, Y/N. Sleep well?" Tom asked after nodding his head. He seemed as if he was in a rather good mood. He gave me a quite charming smile, which was truly surprising given the circumstances.

"Good morning, Tom. Yes, I did, actually." I greeted him back, and returned the smile. He was writing in the familiar black journal. He always seemed to have his nose in the small book. I was rather curious, but it really was none of my business. I sat on one of the other couches, and I began to read up on a curse called The Imperius Curse. Imperio. Another curse that is frowned upon. It's a mind control curse. Sometimes I wondered why these things caught my interest, but I think it's that craving for power. I didn't know if it was a dark power, or not. I simply just wanted power. Suddenly, I felt a familiar pair of dark eyes locked on me.

"Tom, do you need something?" I questioned in a rather kind tone. There was no need to be rude, especially when things were already awkward from that hug.

TOM'S POV

I don't know why, but I felt so drawn to her. She looked rather perfect. From her messy locks, to her elegant outfit. Everything. I truly disliked that things became awkward over my foolish actions, yet I had foolish thoughts racing around my head. Thoughts that I usually wouldn't think about. Sure, they might be common to a normal, teenage boy, but I wasn't normal. Not just because I was a wizard, even boys at Hogwarts thought about these things, but I usually didn't. I felt no love, no attraction. I never have. Something flipped in me, and I felt like I wasn't in control of my actions anymore. It felt like I was under The Imperius Curse, but I wasn't. I stood up, walked over to her, and reached my hand out to hers. She hesitantly took my hand in hers. I gently pulled her up towards me, and looked deeply into her E/C eyes, brushed a thin strand of her H/C hair away from her face, and I kissed her.

BACK TO YOUR POV.

I was too shocked to kiss back at first. Then, I hesitantly put his free hand around my waist, and I deepened the kiss, locking our lips. I wasn't sure why I did this. I had no idea what came over me. As a matter of fact, I wasn't even sure why he did this. After a couple of seconds, he pulled away. It was a rather passionate kiss. It felt right. It filled that desire for affection I didn't know I held. I truly think only Tom could've filled that desire, too. This was my first kiss, and I'm sure it was his first kiss as well. He cut straight into my eyes, and I let out a slight chuckle. There was a soft grin plastered on his face as a result.