vii. Money Power Glory

Money Power Glory - Lana Del Rey

A/N: Decided to write some wholesome sibling content as a filler chapter because I feel like I wrote Abraxas and Y/n to have such an unhealthy relationship. :'( Here's their redemption arc. Abraxas isn't an asshole, you have both been distant. You grew up in such an unloving household, so you only truly have each other.

The next day I awoke rather peacefully, then instantly remembered the horrid events that took place last night right under my nose. The poor girl, who I found out was the girl I talked to in the lavatory, Rubeus Hagrid, Tom admitting everything to me, I believe he now began to trust me, the journal. The journal. Tom's most prized possession was now in my hands. He wanted me to read it. All of it. It was now Monday morning, but due to the recent events, we didn't have classes. I was going to dedicate today to reading through Riddle's journal, but I had other plans in mind.

Although I planned on spending the day reading through Tom's journal, I still needed to eat breakfast. I headed down to The Great Hall alone. I was typically alone. All I had was Abraxas and Tom, and I suppose sometimes Avery. We weren't truly "friends," though. More like companions. Everyone seemed to ignore my presence. They thought I was a freak about blood statuses. I was raised to be, but I didn't mind too much. I also wasn't as cold as I was previously. People didn't realize that though, and they still scurried out of the way when I strutted down a bustling corridor. Another thing that bothered me was that Abraxas and I have been rather distant this year, which wasn't ideal since we used to be inseparable in our earlier years of Hogwarts. And to make it even better, our parents have hardly owled us this year. They sent us a couple of rather pricey Christmas presents, but that was about it. No letter.

I reached The Great Hall and didn't see Tom anywhere. I doubt he would even want to talk to me knowing I had his most prized possession. After breakfast, I decided to find Abraxas. I will admit, I missed him a lot. He was my other half, he was supposed to be my best friend since birth, yet we pushed each other away. I found myself at the door of the boys' dormitory. I knocked lightly three times, and just my luck, Abraxas answered.

"Y/n?" He began to say, until I rushed him into a huge hug. He quickly hugged back. I placed my head on his broad shoulder, and I could tell he was trying not to grin out of happiness. His messy, platinum blonde hair fell onto my face, but I didn't mind. Suddenly, I felt a rather hot tear stream down my saddened face. I truly did miss him, yet I was too blinded by the lack of weakness I wanted to portray to realize it. He released me from the hug, and cupped my face with his skinny, elegant hands, then wiped my tear with his thumb.

"I'm sorry, Y/n. I'm sorry we got so distant. C'mon, let's go into my dorm, and we can talk about it." He finally said. I nodded in response, and we sat on his comfortable bed.

"Tell me everything." He broke the silence. I turned to him, and more hot tears began to run down my face. He tilted his head sadly at my reaction to his curious words.

"You know you don't have to, Y/n. I would just like to know, since I am your twin brother, and all." He comfortingly said.

"I must." I replied quietly.

"Tom was behind everything, Abraxas. The murder, the petrified students, the chamber. He gave me his journal." I said, my head hung rather low. He gave me a sympathetic look.

"I know, Y/n. We are much closer than we may realize." He replied, and I nodded at his statement.

"You love him, don't you?" He finally questioned after a little while of silence. I once again nodded, wiping a small tear off of my chin.

"I hate to admit it, but I believe I do, Abraxas. I don't know what to do anymore. I am rather confused." I said in a defeated tone. I was no longer crying, but my face was stained with my emotions.

"I think he feels the same, Y/n. You do know that he was conceived under a love potion, correct? He cannot feel love, but he is now. Tom doesn't know how to express the feeling of love, and I know you aren't the greatest at it either. I know he can be a git sometimes, but I truly urge you to read his journal, Y/n. It is very important, and may change the way you look at him for, may I say, forever." He warned me. I knew it was something that I probably didn't want to know, but I must.

"Thank you, Abraxas. I must read Tom's journal now." I bid him farewell, and exited his dormitory. It was nice to have my brother back, but now I was beyond scared of what lies inside of this bloody journal.

I went back into my dormitory and read Tom's journal until midnight. I read pages upon pages about a strange magic called Horcruxes. It was very dark, and very horrid. To successfully create a Horcrux, you have to split your soul into two. A part of your soul stays inside of your body, whilst the other goes into the desired object. To split your soul, you have to commit what is considered the "Supreme Act of Evil." Murder. Which Tom has done. He killed Myrtle Warren, that Ravenclaw student. Upon reading his journal, he also admitted to killing his father and grandparents in the summer of 1942, and pinning it on his uncle. I was beyond shocked upon what I have read. It's made sense as to why he skin became more sallow, and he lost the lively color he had in the beginning years of Hogwarts. The last few pages were about me. How he loved me, and wanted to give up his plans for me. He loved me.

March 21st, 1943

There is a girl. She has been here for a while, but it was never something I would've just admitted,, I believe I love her. I'm not sure how love exactly feels. I mean, I did kiss her, and hug her, but I wasn't sure. I wasn't capable of loving someone, so why do I feel this way? She makes me want to drop all of my plans. We spent a wonderful day together in the autumn, but it mustn't last.

T.M.R.

June 13th, 1943

Tonight I hurt her. I caused her so much pain. I have to admit everything to her, and hope she will forgive me. I am so close to dropping everything just for her. I truly love her. I have been so distant, and now she has seen me do something terrible. I murdered someone. I saw the pain that her eyes held, and it was heart-wrenching. I will never forgive myself, for I want power more than anything. The power that is considered love is coming between my goals and I. The love I hold for her. The feeling I should be incapable of feeling. Love. I loved her.

T.M.R.

I clutched the journal to my chest, and I began to sob. Quite loudly, to be honest. I never sob. It felt freeing, yet I despised it. The warm tears sprinted down my cheeks, falling onto the most recent page of the journal. The page from last night. My eyelids felt heavy, and soon enough, I fell asleep with the journal in arms, and tears stained all over my face.

I have no idea what this chapter is,, to be honest I despise it. I wanted to add more sibling love, as well as a little bit of y/n actually reading the journal as I said would happen in the last chapter. It's 4:30 in the morning here, so I'm just quite tired. A little mad, I'd say, haha. Goodnight! <3

- V