Luke Castellan

I regret everything.

I am leaving Elysium today for my rebirth. It's not fair, I don't belong in Elysium. If it wasn't for me then Kronos would have never risen causing a war. The most pain I felt wasn't when I stabbed myself in the underarm with Annabeth's knife, it was when I was declared Elysium. I said, "No don't put me there! I don't deserve it!"

They put me here anyway.

Maybe this was my punishment, the perfect life. Maybe they knew I didn't belong here. That's the worst punishment of all. Having to be somewhere you don't belong because of something you did, that's what was happening to me. Every day, pain soaked my thoughts. Regret took over my body.

When I died, I thought I could finally make up for everything I did, yes I sacrificed myself in the end but compared to everyone I killed it wasn't enough.

Annabeth, if you're reading this, I'm sorry. I wish with all my heart that I could change things. I promised family, but regret not keeping that promise.

Percy, if you're reading this, I'm sorry. I taught you what you knew about sword fighting and I am so proud you used it against me. You saved Olympus. You were the hero. Not me.

Silena, if you're reading this, I'm sorry. I tricked you into working for Kronos and betraying your home. You died a hero and you deserve Elysium because it wasn't your fault you were a spy, it was mine. I got you killed.

To all the demigods who died because of me, if you're reading this, I'm sorry. Not a single one of you died because you were fighting for what you wanted. You died fighting because of my revenge and anger. That's what caused this entire thing. I should have been happy. I was claimed by my parent. Most of you weren't.

To all the mortals who got hurt because of me, I'm sorry. You don't know what happened that day in Manhatten. You probably never will.

I'm so sorry... To everyone.