Zoe Nightshade

I knew I was going to die from the beginning of this quest, but I had to save Lady Artemis. I was training Bianca to be next Lieutenant. Then she died. That only made my sacrifice harder. Who would lead after me?

I was fighting Ladon and he hit me, causing my side to burn out in searing pain. I was fine. That only made my sacrifice easier.

When we came to the top of the mountain, I saw Atlas. My father. He was going to kill me. Lady Artemis was struggling under her chains, holding up the sky. Her face burned red from effort and her eyes were tightly closed. I blinked back tears fought my last battle, next to Percy, Grover, and Thalia. Annabeth was standing nearby, guarded while we fought. During my final blow, pain flowed through my veins telling me I fought well. The last vision I had was Lady Artemis, free, releasing me to the stars.

My death saved her.

;;;

I became one with the stars, I guided my friends from above. I watched their progress. I saw Percy and Annabeth find their path together, and on the nights they star-gazed, I willed the stars to shine a little brighter just for them. I saw Percy turn down immortality for Annabeth and then disappear for months, then... What do the young people say these days? I saw them get "yeeted into Tartarus?" I am working on speaking like I am from the modern-day.

I followed the Hunters. I was proud that Thalia became the next lieutenant. She was doing such a great job, she understood the values and led a powerful group. I saw how much happier she was when she was reunited with her brother, Jason. I saw her life finally come together in peace.

I saw lots of my fellow Hunters fall during Gaea's awakening. I wept from above, but I was okay because I knew they would become one with the stars too, guiding the people important to them. Every so often, a new Hunter I used to guide, or one I never met, would join me in the night sky.

Every night, Artemis brought the stars back for the world to see. I knew I would be okay because I could look out for my people. I could watch the progress of their lives. I watched the most powerful demigod of the century fall in love for the first time and I could tell who is soulmate was just by the one quest I spent with him.

Live long, demigods. Even if you can't tell, I believe in you... From among the stars.