chapter 17

nini's pov

the following afternoon rolls around. i feel a lot better other than small waves of nausea every now and then. at the end of the day i go straight to greyson's locker to meet him. he's already standing there with his back leaned against it waiting for me. i approach him with a smile, "hey." he perks up, "hey nini!" "so what are we gonna do? i don't wanna be a pain but my moms would like it if i was home for dinner," i explain to him. he starts to walk in the direction of the school parking lot as i follow beside him, "yeah no problem. i was thinking we could do something simple like go to that ice cream place i've heard you guys just rave about here," as he laughs. i give him a shocking look, "you still haven't been to menchie's?!" he puts his hands up in defense, "hey i'm new remember? so you can be there for my first experience at menchies." i giggle back at him, "oh and by the way. it's frozen yogurt NOT ice cream." "my bad. i take full responsibility for my lack of frozen yogurt knowledge," he tells me. we eventually approach his car. he opens the door for me and i reply with a thank you. that small gesture makes me wonder if this is more than a hang out, but then again i choose to assume that he's just being polite. after a little bit of driving and listening to music we pull into the parking lot. he holds open the door and we step into the small building. i lead the way to the bowls to fill with frozen yogurt. "do you know what flavor you want? cake batter is my favorite." i tell him as i make my way over to my desired flavor to begin filling my bowl. he follows me and stands behind me, "i'll just do the same as you then." my bowl is still filling as i say, "oh come on. at least try some flavors to see what flavor you might want. you've gotta get your favorite otherwise your first frozen yogurt experience won't be the best it can be," i tell him with a bit of flirt in my voice and i have no idea where that came from. "nah i definitely think cake batter will be my favorite," he places his left hand on my left hip to gently move me aside so he can get the same flavor as me. he then lets go to move his hand to the lever and fills his bowl. i catch myself staring at him and he looks over to me knowingly, "next time we come i'll try a different flavor. deal?" i tilt my head just slightly, "next time?" he nods his head with confidence, "mhmm." i give him a shy smile. we walk over to the toppings and pick what we want. i place my bowl on the counter as i dig through my wallet for money. before i can find the right amount though, greyson pays for both. "hey, i don't want you paying for mine." as the cashier is handing him his change he says, "but i wanted to." "no seriously," i say looking up to him. "too late," he says with a smirk. i just playfully roll my eyes.

general pov

greyson and nini sit outside at one of the tables in front of the frozen yogurt shop. they talk about football and cheer for a while when greyson brings up an upcoming party, "so collin is having a party after the game this friday. would you wanna go?" nini is very hesitant because parties aren't her scene, "umm i don't really know." he straightens up in his chair, "let me phrase it this way. would you go to the party with me?" nini starts to feel unsure, "greyson i really don't know. i don't think it's a good idea. i don't drink or anything like that." "i don't either and we'll be together the whole time. i used to go to parties all the time back home and still had fun without drinking." nini perks up, "wait you don't drink?" he lets out a laugh, "is it that surprising to believe?" she face palms herself in a cute way, "that's not what i mean exactly. it's just everyone drinks at parties. and i just figured you would too." "yeah i get that. but i just don't like drinking. i've tried a few times and never really enjoyed it." she stalls a bit while playing with her toppings by stirring her spoon around. "umm. then i guess i'll go," she tells him shyly looking up to him. he gives her a huge smile, "and if we get bored or you're uncomfortable we'll leave." this response from him gives nini a strong sense of trust for him. she still has a little bit of nerves though because she doesn't know greyson on that level yet. she just hopes that he means it.

nini's pov

greyson and i are finishing up eating when i check the time. i better be getting home soon. he takes my bowl to throw away without even asking. once we're back in his car i feel my phone buzz. i get a text from ricky, "i need help on bio 😕" i reply immediately, "you know i'm busy rn. i'll help you before school tomorrow if you still need it by then :)" he replies so fast, "i didn't know you were busy. and okay." i read his last text and put my phone down. after a couple minutes it buzzes again, "what are you busy doing?" "i'm with greyson. you already knew this." "oh. must've forgot then." "okay," is my last text before i put my phone down again. i continue talking with greyson until we get back to the school, so i can get in my car to go home, "bye nins." i give him a friendly smile, "see ya. i had a good time." "i'll see you tomorrow." he tells me before i close the car door.

ricky and nini's realizations On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara