Time Travel: 4 Years into The Past (2/3)

Special Chapter: Time Travel: 4 Years Into The Past

(Charlie's POV)

I was drowning in jealousy as young Frayne had his eyes glued on Jessica. It wasn't one of those furtive glances; he was in complete awe. His unrequited gaze made me realize that by this point, they hadn't been in a relationship yet.

A little part of me felt bad for young Frayne, and an even smaller part of me rooted for him to get her, as unbelievable as it sounded.

One of Frayne's jock friends must have noticed his lingering gaze and asked, "Dude, do you still have the hots for little miss sunshine?"

If memory served, they were at a phase where the girl of his dreams ignored him because he was being a jerk. To be honest, I didn't see any reason why she wouldn't date this current Frayne. Other than being slightly arrogant at times, which was somewhat understandable if it was to be excused as a defense mechanism to hide his sexuality, he was still quite ni—

"Nah, it's nothing serious," Frayne brushed his friend's question off with a smug smile on his face. Not looking at her anymore, his demeanor suddenly changed. "I'm just curious how good she is in bed." 

They all giggled disgustingly, entertained by his vile answer.

I was badly triggered. His answer formed a painful lump in my throat. My next course of action to speak up made me feel horrible, although not worse than saying nothing at all. "You're literally only fourteen years old, Frayne! The hell are you thinking?" Blurting out as if I was much older, I managed to confuse the entire group. "Don't you feel ashamed, viewing a girl in such a way? No wonder she doesn't like you."

I was convinced that this young man wasn't my boyfriend. So much could happen in four years. If I were to see this side of him in the present Frayne, I would've dumped him straight away. Hell, I wouldn't be in a relationship with him in the first place. And all this time I thought he was exaggerating about his past self's attitude problem.

When nobody said anything for ten seconds, one of them finally spoke up in irritation, "Dude, what's your problem—" I abruptly got up from my seat, leaving them frowning. A flash of Frayne's surprised expression stayed in my mind as I hectically searched for a quiet place to let my tears out, so that no one would see me crying in my 'first day of school'.

I found an abandoned classroom and flopped onto the floor, against the wall, trying to control my sobs.

"Charlie," Zuzu called out my name with a touch of motherly concern. She created another huge magical hand to give me a head rub. "I've been reading both Frayne's and your inner voices. I don't know if this can make you feel better, but he's equally hurt by his own word. He didn't mean what he said about the girl. Although I must admit, it was a foolish move."

"I hate that he's being such a douchebag. I don't know him, Zu. I don't know this Frayne. I'm not sure how I feel about him," I vented at my mature fairy. At fifteen, I sure had a softer heart and was more emotional than my average male peers. Not that I could always define my emotions, and knowing my loved one was capable of saying such hurtful things hurt me inexplicably. On top of that, it was addressed to someone dear to him. How could he?

Zuzu stayed silent for a moment, and let the magic hand do its magic. It had helped. Physical touches could make me feel better, surely it was one of my languages of love.

"Can I know why you wanted to look into Frayne's past?"

"I chose Taylor Swift, but you didn't approve," I sulked and pouted. Upon sensing that my mood was starting to get better that I could crack a lame joke, Zuzu giggled to my reaction. "At first, I just wanted to casually visit his younger self. I thought it would be fun and all, but things didn't turn out as I imagined. On top of that, I've been overthinking about Frayne's ex-girlfriend a lot. The girl with the angelic aura . . . he was so in love with her, until her death parted the two. I can't help but wonder what if. What if she was alive? Would they still be together? What if Frayne and I met when she was alive? Would we be just friends? Would he still fall for me? More importantly, would he still be a jerk like the one in this world?"