Charlie's Holly Jolly Christmas: On The Way to Utopia

Special Chapter: Charlie's Holly Jolly Christmas: On The Way to Utopia

"Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree, how lovely are thy branches."

The sound of Christmas could be heard in the air. Everywhere was filled with joyful singing voices of choirs and children.

People gathered together, spending time with their loved ones. Families dined together whereas lovers made love – OH! I beg your pardon! We shouldn't be talking about something as unholy during the holy night.

In the meantime, Charlie was walking – alone – in the evening winter street decorated with bright Christmas lights. He was on the way to a place where all happiness in the world came from. He was going to Utopia.

Along the street, he saw exuberant crowds of people. The people were of the female specimen. As curiosity took him over, he approached them and realized that there was a big Christmas sale on clothes. Upon figuring out, Charlie rolled his eyes and walked away but soon was blocked by Anna Griffith, one of his best friends.

"Hey boo! Are you here for the Christmas haul too?" she asked, her eyeshadow glittering.

Charlie shook his head. "Of course not. I'm on my way to Utopia. I don't know where it is but I dreamt of it last night. It is the happiest place in the world where all the goods happen. Do you want to go with me?"

Thinking deeply, Anna rolled her eyes upward. "Sadly I don't think I can join you this time, CharlieBoo. I have to go somewhere else after shopping here."

Charlie pouted. "If that's the case, alright then. Merry Christmas, Ann!"

"Merry Christmas, Charlie," she replied and went back to struggling her way through the other shopaholics.

Charlie continued his journey while fantasizing about Utopia. Could it be that the place was filled with unlimited cakes or candies, would he get magical powers that could grant whatever, however perverted his wish was? Oh, there he goes again. Charlie punched his temple lightly. He thought he shouldn't be thinking of impure things in order to be able to get there. Santa would surely prohibit bad, perverted boys from entering.

To distract his mind, he observed his surroundings. It was a place he didn't know – he wasn't even sure how he got there! Nevertheless, Charlie had a feeling that it was the right way. It was as if an invisible force told him to follow the brightly lit path stretching ahead and his feet would lead the way.

He walked along the way and arrived at a darker park where he saw a silhouette of two similar figures of a young man. His green eyes followed their motions and he began to notice something. They were his twin best friends; Oliver and Matthew. Charlie walked ahead and greeted them who were previously practicing basketball in the small court of the park.

"Yo, Oliver! Matthew!" Charlie said, giving them each a high-five.

"What's up, dude? What are you doing here walking alone in the middle of Christmas evening?" asked Oliver.

"Wanna join us?" asked Matthew.

Their ridiculously similar features made them look as though one was a clone of the other, Charlie had thought before. Thus, he smiled at their one distinct difference in which only very few, including him, could see: their expressions.

Charlie gazed into the eye of the calmer younger twin, Matthew, and answered him with the hope that it answered both questions, "As much as I want to, I can't! I have to go somewhere . . er . . a place called Utopia. Do you guys happen to know about it or want to join me instead?"