Part 11

Sunshine penetrated Raelle and Scylla's room as they woke up, still tangled in each others' arms. They exchanged a few kisses while Raelle sat up on Scylla's lap, the covers dropping to reveal their naked bodies practically glowing from the rays of sun coming through the windows. Scylla's hands on Raelle's thighs, the fixer starting to move her hips back and forth, both looking into one another's deep blue eyes. 

Suddenly, Scylla flipped them both so she could be on top, pressing her lower body onto Raelle's while Raelle cupped her face, pulling her in so their lips could meet again. "There's no way i'm a bottom" she said under her breath which distracted Scylla enough time for Raelle to roll on her and take her rightful position as a top, kissing her neck, Scylla gasping in pleasure. 

They were too caught up in their little session, as they should be, that they almost didn't hear Abigail knocking on the door "Hey Shitbirds!! Will you stop making out for a minute and come join us to do some more important stuff?!"

"FINE WE'RE COMING" yelled Raelle, breaking her grasp over Scylla's body while she was nibbling on her chest. Good thing Abigail hadn't entered since they weren't wrapped up in the covers anymore.

After a few minutes, the couple went down to find Tally, Abigail, Willa, Anacostia and to their surprise Petra over a table with some books, a map and a buffet at their disposition. They went ahead and filled themselves 2 plates, Raelle hugging Scylla from behind while the necro fed her a strawberry. Raelle could feel her mother glare at them, but she didn't care. 

The two girls sat with the group on the table and in spite of Willa, Raelle grabbed her girlfriend and kissed her with so much passion until Abigail had to stomp her foot on the ground for them to stop.

"As we were saying" said Anacostia with a strict tone "Alder's group will take the east side, Petra yours will be on the west side, Willa you on the north and mine on the south. You four - she looked at the youngsters - after we unbiddy you Tally, we're gonna need you all at full strength for the fight so Raelle and Abigail can do their blast while you and Scylla will be their anchor"

"We should contact Izadora and Alder, see how the preparations are going on their sides at Fort Salem. Sergeant Quartermaine you can sing seed 43, Willa will you do 46. Izadora will be able to receive them so we can communicate" added Petra 

"Or we could use a phone.." replied Willa

"Oh... yes of course. I suppose that would be easier"

Raelle, confused of what was going and having only understood part of the information, had to ask "How did you guys get Alder in on the plan?? Doesn't she hate - she looked at her mother - you guys?"

"Surprisingly when we came to her to the idea of 'teaming up' she didn't refuse, barely took a second to think about it.. " answered Petra, a look of concern imprinted on her face.

The three adults went to the other side of the room to make the call Anacostia eyeing Abigail and Tally to explain the two lovebirds what they had found out.

"So - said Abigail drawing the attention of Raelle and Scylla - while you two were doing 'your thing' last night - shifts eyebrows playfully - we were actually searching for some answers. Turns out that mycellium wall gave us kind of a boost in our powers, we have it's DNA, it has ours,... and in battle we could summon mushrooms and tree branches..."

"How does summoning mushrooms help?" asked Raelle confused. Abigail shrugged her shoulders in a sign of i don't know.

"And to unbiddy me, we have to apparently transfer my 'old age' to another person, we would have to do a circle, there's blood involved, singing.. You know the usual. I think they're currently choosing someone who would want to take my place as Alder's biddy." Tally seemed excited, she was getting her youth back but something was off

"I personally still don't trust Alder. Her agreeing to team up with us, the Spree, Petra.. doesn't feel right" Raelle was suspicious. The General hadn't really been on the good side of anything lately, so why suddenly the change of heart?

"Scylla what do you think?" Abigail, squinting her eyes, looked at the necro who was lost in her own trail of thoughts.

"Mhm, yh definitely. Never trust Alder, let's unbiddy Tally. Just.. the witchbomb you said you and Raelle 'created'.. the mushroom wall.. it can't be making you this powerful without taking something in return." she paused as if searching for something in mid-air, when Abigail brought her back to reality unraveling what she had also found out 

"Actually yes, there is a consequence to if we use it's strength too much - she paused, her eyes travelling from Raelle to Scylla, since Tally already knew and was avoiding eye contact - if our blast is too strong, we might loose our sense of reality and get sucked into it and 'dissolve' " she explained doing quotation marks with her fingers

"What does that even mean??" said Raelle completely perplexed

"It means if we windstrike hard enough, 'our souls will transfer into the remains of the unburdened land, the underground life'. That's how it was written in the book... So basically.. we will die.. for good.. no coming back.." Abigail started ticking with papers nervously. 

"Or dissolve into thin air.. or your souls will leave your bodies even Scylla and I aren't at full strength holding you back" added Tally, rambling about all the ways they could.. not could back to the real world

"We get it Tal... huh.. no pressure right?" 

Raelle grabbed Scylla's hand that was trembling a bit, rubbing her thumb in circular motions. This was meant to be a little gesture to comfort her, but she was also worried. Of course she was. How couldn't she be? She had just come back from the days a few days ago and was with Scylla again. She didn't want to lose her again, certainly not to death. 

Silence resonated. Tally, with her croaky voice, reminding everyone she was still a biddy, broke the crickets sound resonating around.

"So let's unbiddy me and get me and Scylla energized to keep you guys breathing. I mean i can't fight and not look good, specially in those granny pants". That last phrase made everyone laugh. That's who Tally was, always trying to make everyone happy with her cute softness.