Part 4

The helicopter had just landed in Fort Salem, Adil guided the Tarims to the area where him and his sister Khalida were staying to accommodate them.

"You're going to have to move to our side of the building, your new 'unit' -  said Alder to Tally, glancing back at the rest of the biddies - will explain to you the usual things we do, since you becoming one of wasn't something that was planed or that you had studied for"

Tally's look was longing  at the entrance of the building, she couldn't stop thinking of Raelle and Abigail, how could she? She had 'supposedly' just lost her 2 sisters, her best friends.. She didn't know what to think of other than them. Alder didn't see to care so much at this point, she just seemed happy that they had most likely defeated part of the Camarilla in one afternoon. 

"I'd like to go to my former room and bring some things i left behind... I don't need anyone to come with me.. I would like to be alone for a while. If you see Anacostia, would you mind telling her where to find me?" Tally's voice was low, but loud enough for the general to hear her.

Alder nodded. Tally walked away, her pace wasn't as fast as before unfortunately so she couldn't just run away from people if they'd annoy her. Well.. here we go, already some disadvantages to being a biddy. 

She entered the room. A flock of wind came through the window the moment she opened the door and something fell on the floor. A picture, of Abigail, Raelle, Libba, Glory and herself. Was there any way she go back to simpler times. She sighed. Abigail and Raelle might not be her unit anymore but they'll always be her sisters. 

She sat on Abigail's bed looking at their picture when she suddenly heard a rush of footsteps outside in the hall. When she raised her head a familiar face was staring at her; Anacostia (mamma bear). She was out of breath as if she had just run a marathon.                                                    The mentor started breaking down, tears flowing down her face, her hands were trembling. This was the first time Tally saw Anacostia showing so many emotions; she usually had her walls up, caring and soft, but still strict and never giving in. 

Quartermaine ran and sat next to the "new biddy". She hugged her so tight she could have knocked all the air out of Tally's lungs if she wasn't careful. She backed away to look at her.

"Alder told me what happened.. Is it true? Are they -" asked Anacostia giving a glance at the photograph in the Knower's hands.

Tally didn't have the heart the answer the question.  They sat there for a minute, with complete silence. Someone knocked at the door, standing there were Adil and Khalida. Adil looked as if he was abut to burst any minute, and his sister well.. she seemed as calm as she usually would be.. surprisingly. Something happened. Tally could feel they had something urgent to tell them despite Khalida lack of facial expressions at the moment. The siblings closed the door.

"You guys might want to take a breath before we tell you -" whispered Adil until he was cut off by his sister 

"Your friends are alive. Since the territory belongs to Tarims and it is under my name, I can sense whether someone is dead or alive. And your unit is very much breathing, however something feels different about them. I don't quite know what it is yet" unfolded Khalida 

"Oh thank the Goddess! And.. Khalida, are you sure about this" 

The young girl nodded, thinking to herself of course she'd be right. Why wouldn't she be.

"I also have actually something to say". Now everyone was looking at Anacostia. "I freed Scylla and she led me to the Spree's safe house. I was wearing a disguise so no one noticed that i am from here or a sergeant or even a witch for that matter"

"YOU WHAT? - exclaimed Tally  - This is too much information to take in all at once. -she paused for a brief minute to catch her breath - Okay so what now? I mean do we have a plan or anything to do..."

"First things first you should get some rest" said Adil concerned about Tally 

"Agreed. Second, we have to keep all of this between us; nobody tells Alder about any of this.     I feel like there might be someone here on the inside working for the Spree, so Scylla might be about to receive apparently the false news that Raelle is.. dead.. - Anacostia rubbed her palm on her temple, thinking.. - I will go to Scylla and inform her about what happened. Meanwhile, Khalida, Adil you stay with Tally and figure out a way to communicate with the unit that we know they're alive" 

"Our people have the ability to change earth. Even if we're far from the place, maybe i can try to concentrate enough to send them a few messages" added Adil.

"No need brother. Since they're on our territory i can talk to them telepathically" 

"Khalida, why didn't you mention this sooner?"

"I thought you were going to say something useful" Adil looked offended, while Tally and Anacostia chuckled to themselves. 

A plan was in motion. The team agreed that after that they'll meet somewhere, but since they hadn't started acting on everything they decided to agree on a location after each one's part of the mission was done by apparently communicating telepathically since Khalida could do that.