"This is my quest isn't it?"

By now, the two had stopped walking, facing each other with sopping wet hair and heated glares.

Ariadne let out a bitter laugh, "Yeah, it is." She pokes her finger against his chest, "But just because it is, doesn't make you a hero."

"Well," Percy growled. "You told me it was fine if you were left behind, which wouldn't be fine at all!"

"For good reason. This quest only needs three people anyways."

Percy gaped at her, "You helped save us!"

"Yeah. And you were just stupid."

"Well you're not exactly a hero either. You acted like a lunatic back there when you said those things."

And that was when Grover and Annabeth knew he had crossed the line.

Something inside her snapped, a switch in her brain flipped. She stopped arguing, becoming emotionless while her eyes became stone cold.

Percy's anger watered down, he stepped forward to place a hand on her shoulder to see if she was okay but the girl moved away, continuing to walk without a care in the world.

Ariadne glances over her shoulder, "You're right, Percy, I am. I was wrong. You are exactly like Theseus."

The boy flinched slightly, the malice and hate in her tone hurt his heart. But he had no clue why. Why was he so hurt by her words? Maybe it was because she had become his first demigod friend. Maybe, it was because she had protected him at camp.

Grover gulped slightly, he could feel Percy's flood of emotions and his head throbbed. Percy cared a lot about what the brunette thought of him, which was weird to in the Satyr's opinion.

Annabeth strided towards her friend, her head twisting to whisper towards her while Grover accompanied Percy. The two dips walked in silence, only slight mutters of frustration from Annabeth mixed with hints of sadness from Percy.

Ariadne ignored Annabeth, her gaze set on the fireflies, wishing she could just fly away from the conversation. "Aria," Annabeth called out, "Ariadne."

"What?" She snapped, the blonde rolling her eyes at the girl. She knew the word hurt the brunette, seeing as that was what her mom called her every day of her life.

"He didn't mean it. He didn't know."

The brunette sighed, tearing her bun down and letting her hair fall in front of her face. "I know, I know." She hesitated, "I just... I don't know how to tell him, I don't think I can."

Annabeth tilted her head, "You don't have to, you can wait until the right time."

"But I feel like this is the only time I can."

She groaned, but her eyebrows furrowed once her foot sunk deep into the mud. The girl pulled but her foot wouldn't release, eyes found Annabeth's who just walked away, Grover accompanying her. Which only meant...

"Here." Percy spoke up, grabbing her arms while he yanked her out of the mud. She stumbled but he caught her, letting a smile rest on his face. "I'm sorry. For whatever I said."