The Room

"They're probably still in the building!" Draco and Pansy exclaimed in unison. McGonagall wrung her hands. She was stressed and on the verge of panicking, but she had to stay calm. 

"Just to be sure, I will stay outside to make sure no one leaves just yet. And again, if you split up, please be careful," McGonagall pleaded. The three students nodded. 

"I'll go ask around other students and teachers to get any extra information," Madam Pomfrey stated. The Headmistress nodded in permission. The three students glanced at each other shortly before immediately sprinting back inside. 

"Pansy, Theodore," Draco addressed the two as they ran back into the building. "We'll split up, but I don't think it would hurt to gather extra students to help search. Maybe just try to only recruit students we can really trust. And to be safe, don't talk to anyone who is friends with Ron." Theodore and Pansy both nodded as the trio came to a stop inside the building. Draco directed the other two in specific directions, and then ran the opposite way from them. Draco was muttering under his breath as if he was praying. He wasn't sure what he would be praying to, just anyone who would be willing to listen. 

As he ran through the halls, no teachers stopped him, so he assumed they knew of the situation. Then why weren't they helping? And if they were, why weren't they hurrying? Were they even considering this a serious situation? 

Draco picked up his pace as he thought about where Ron could be hiding. Although the teachers didn't fully believe Draco on his accusation towards him, Draco was practically positive he was correct in his guesses. Draco turned a particularly sharp corner and consequently ran into someone quite hard. The two fell to the ground. 

"Ah, what the hell, Malfoy. Can't you watch where you are going?" Draco looked up to see Blaise in front of him. He wasn't an exactly ideal person to trust, but Draco felt confident he would at least consider it if he explained the situation.

After quickly filling Blaise in on the situation, Blaise nodded in agreement. 

"I'll help. I may not like you, but I sure as hell like Hermione." He paused. "Even if she did turn me down multiple times." Draco rolled his eyes and left Blaise alone. Blaise watched as Draco disappeared around more corners and then took off on his own route. 

Pansy panted as she sprinted through the giant corridors of the building. 

"Fuck, where the hell could they be?" she kept asking herself. She turned corner after corner and searched room after room, but she didn't find as much as a single clue. Pansy had even asked every student she saw if they had seen any sign of Hermione. No one had. So far, she had asked only a couple people to help, but she was scared she would somehow ask the wrong person and make the situation worse. 

Pansy turned a corner and spotted the four other Eighth year girls. She hesitated. The girls were sometimes bitches, both to Pansy and Hermione, but Pansy eventually made up her mind. After all, none of the girls seemed bad enough to help Ron or whoever the intruder may be, and the more people looking for Hermione, the better.

"Padma, Parvati, Susan, Hannah!" Pansy called after the group. They turned to face her one by one. 

"Parkinson? What are you doing?" Susan asked as Pansy ran towards them. 

"Also did she just call us by our first names?" Padma whispered to Parvati, but Hannah shushed them. 

"I need your help," Pansy stated as she reached them. 

"Our help? With what?" 

At some point, so many students were looking for the lost Hermione, it would nearly be impossible to hide for much longer. Teachers guarded the outside exits and students scoured the school. Draco had been proved wrong. Everyone seemed to be taking the situation incredibly seriously. Draco sprinted down a familiar hallway for what seemed like the fifth time in the last hour. However, this time, he felt compelled to stop at a specific door, one that he hadn't bothered checking yet. 

Draco took a short breath before walking slowly inside. 

"Who's there?" a wary voice asked from inside. 

"Uh, it's me. Draco. Draco Malfoy," Draco stated hesitantly. Myrtle peeked around a corner.

"Draco, what are you doing here?" Draco rubbed the back of his neck.

"I don't really know, to be honest." He paused. "Do you know what's going on around the school?" Myrtle tilted her head.

"Of course I know! You're all being so loud!" Myrtle exclaimed, suddenly angry. "Oh, but I feel so bad for Hermione. She never deserved any of this." Draco nodded but pushed on with his questions.

"Well, Myrtle, would you happen to have any ideas about Hermione and her captors whereabouts? Any ideas at all?" Draco asked firmly. Myrtle rose her eyebrows. 

"You came to ask me for advice?" she asked softly. Draco sighed.

"More or less. Now do you have any ideas?" Draco asked again, getting more impatient. Myrtle smiled. 

"Well, I can't be for sure, but the room would seem like a good place to hide," Myrtle answered in a sort of sing-song voice as she floated around the stalls and Draco. 

"The room? What room, Myrtle. Please be more specific." Draco was attempting to keep his cool, but he was becoming frustrated. 

"Oh, well I can't seem to remember it's name. It's a nice room though. It worked very nicely during the war here at Hogwarts." Draco froze as he pieced his thoughts together. 

"The war..." he murmured to himself. Suddenly, it came to him. He looked up at Myrtle. 

"The Room of Requirement! Oh how could I not have thought of that!" he exclaimed. 

"Ah, yes. That is the one!" Myrtle replied happily. Draco nodded and began to leave before turning around to face Myrtle. 

"Thank you, Myrtle," Draco said was a small smile. Myrtle smiled back.

"You're welcome. Just promise me you'll find her eventually. She's the only one who ever visits me. I'm lonely," Myrtle began to become sad again. Draco quickly nodded with a muttered "of course" and then left. He ran down the corridors the find the room. He remembered the things done by previous students to reach it. 

"I need to find Hermione. I need to find Hermione." Draco was muttering to himself over and over again. He wasn't sure if this would work, but it was worth a try. Finally, to his amazement, the wall suddenly opened, revealing the large room. Draco's excitement was short-lived as he realized that the two might not even be in there. He ran into the room and found it the same room used by all students to hide during the war. 

He glanced around looking for any sign of Ron and Hermione. He was about to give up until he saw the painting hanging on the wall, swinging slightly. The same painting the students used to sneak Harry Potter inside. He froze.

Ron and Hermione had already left. 

Author's Note

Hi again haha. I decided to make a double update today to make up for my super infrequent postings. Once again, I promise to try harder. Please forgive me. Kiss kiss.