Bad Dream

Recap

"Ow, Ron, you're hurting me." Hermione was losing courage quickly. Ron didn't seem to have heard her.

"You're so ungrateful." Ron reached out and put his hand on the lamp switch. Right before he turned off the lamp, he slapped Hermione hard across the face. She was sure that would leave a red mark. He leaned in and softly kissed it (which made Hermione cringe) before plunging them into complete darkness.

~Continued Flashback~ 

November 27, Saturday

Hermione shot up in bed with sweat covering her. Her hand flew over to the light switch of her lamp while also quickly grabbing her wand. 

"Hermione? What's going on?" Hermione's head whipped over towards the voice and held her wand out, prepared to cast a spell. However, she found herself face to face with Pansy. 

"Pansy?" Hermione asked, shocked. 

"Uh, yeah? May I ask why the hell you were about to curse me?" Pansy asked. She hesitantly reached out and lowered Hermione's wand for her. When Hermione didn't answer her, she waved her hand in front of her face. "Uh, Hermione?" 

"What? Didn't you just leave to go out with Zacharias?" Hermione was more confused than ever. She couldn't remember much of what had happened. Only that Pansy had left and then Ron had sneaked in and had apparently disappeared. 

"Uh, yeah. But that was awhile ago. I got back just now and saw you flailing around and trying to curse me." Hermione looked around the room. 

"But, I thought-" Hermione paused and looked back towards Pansy. "Did you see Ron leave here?" 

"Ron? Why would he be here? Boys aren't even allowed in-" Pansy paused. She smirked. "Wait. Were you two planning on-" Hermione quickly cut her off. 

"No, no, no. I just thought I saw him in here. Bad dream was probably all it was." Hermione could still feel her heart racing despite the fact that it had been almost ten minutes. 

"Aw, did you dream about your boyfriend getting hurt or something," Pansy teased. Hermione forced out a laugh. 

"Uh, yeah. Sorry for caused a ruckus," Hermione apologized. "It wasn't my intention." Pansy rolled her eyes. 

"It's never anyone's intention to have nightmares. You can't blame yourself." Hermione saw a flash a Ron. 

"Of course it was your fault," he had growled at her. "Remember, you deserve this." Hermione sucked in a breath of air to get her bearings back. 

"Hermione? You okay?" Pansy asked, noticing Hermione's strange behavior. Hermione tried to force a smile. For some reason, it was harder than all the other smiles she had faked. Maybe it was because she didn't care about lying to Ron, but it hurt to lie to Pansy. However, she managed to smile slightly at Pansy. Pansy smiled back. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. The nightmare just shook me up a bit," Hermione muttered. After this, she finally managed to smile fully at Pansy. With this smile, Pansy's worries all seemed to disappear. After all, a proper fake smile could hide more than one would think.

"Good. Now it's three in the morning so I gotta get some sleep before morning comes. It's only Saturday, but I have some plans tomorrow." Pansy climbed into her bed. 

"More plans with Zacharias?" Hermione teased, trying to sound as happy as she could. 

"Haha, very funny, but no. I have to talk with a teacher about something. Now stop bothering me and go to sleep." Hermione saw Pansy turn away from her. She laughed and then sighed. 

"Alright, good night to you too." Hermione reached over to turn off the lamp. She hesitated slightly before she flipped the switch. All she could think about was Ron waiting in the darkness. 

"Uh, are you gonna just sleep with the light on or what?" Pansy asked suddenly. 

"Oh, uh, sorry," Hermione muttered, shaking herself out of her reverie. She forced herself to flip the switch. Once it was off, she lied back in her bed, scoffing at herself. Ron wasn't some evil ghost lurking in the shadows. She laughed to herself and closed her eyes. However, she immediately snapped them back open. Closing her eyes only presented her with more dreadful images of Ron. She already felt herself beginning to breath heavily. Not wanting to disturb Pansy, Hermione took a deep breath and worked hard to control her breathing. Once she had calmed herself down, she still couldn't find the courage to close her eyes to go to sleep. She eventually decided that she wouldn't sleep tonight. Instead she would just think about other things and relax, and tomorrow everything would return to normal. She would have a normal day with normal friends and a normal boyfriend who treated her like a princess. The normal life that she had always wanted. She was sure of it. 

Author's Note

Hi. Guess what. Guess who's back, back again? Ya Girl!! I don't want to spend much time on this but I already mentioned that I was having medical issues, right? Well I think I pretty much done with everything. I don't have a lot of energy due to (yes I know this is repetitive) medical issues but my energy is slowly coming back and although it probably won't ever be completely back to normal again, I will hopefully start updating more often now! I'm so excited! Again, I'm sorry for leaving y'all for so long with not many updates on either chapters nor how I was doing at all. However, right now I'm about to leave to travel somewhere for a week and I won't be able to write there so I will hopefully be back in two weeks or so but I'm sorry if that estimate is wrong. And thank you all for understanding my situation because I know how frustrating it is when a story that you're just getting into goes on hiatus so I hopefully won't do it again except over holidays. And I know this was a short and shitty chapter but hopefully it's better than nothing! (Also not to make excuses or anything but I'm writing this at one in the morning the day I leave to travel because I felt it was my duty to get a update out to y'all ASAP.) So hopefully I'll see y'all in a couple of weeks! It's good to be back! Kiss Kiss!