Chapter Five

As soon as she checked in for her flight, Constance brought out her phone and took a picture of herself. With the unending flow of confidence she was oozing, she went to post it on her feed, captioning it as 'California, here I come!' The notifications for the post slid in quickly. There was a comment from Gavin wishing Constance a safe flight and Victor who grounded her with the reminder that she was to do work when traveling to another country. However, it did console her that she did lots of overtime prior to arriving at the airport so if she were to work, it wouldn't be as highly piled as it was. She even thought back to how her co-workers also volunteered to assist her while she was away, she even takes a mental note to give them a small trinket as a token of appreciation. Hopefully the gifts would fit in the inside of her luggage.

As her mind buzzed with thought while taking a sip out of her strawberry milk tea, she didn't realize that Kiro was there in disguise as per usual.

"I see you've gotten some milk tea! Mind if I have a sip?" Constance turns, taking a moment to silently realize it was Kiro and gives him a gentle smile.

"Sure, here you go!" Kiro laughs at her response shaking his head slightly "No! It's alright I was just joking!"

Constance hums a reply "suit yourself" and she continues to taste the sweet strawberry flavor during each sip of her milk tea.

"I'll just get my own before we go!" He goes to line up for milk tea while the girl sits and waits patiently for him by reading some articles that were on her phone.

While waiting to board their flight, they sat side-by-side one another in the airport gates.

"So... did you have any stuff in your bucket list that you wanna check off on our vacay?"

Constance hummed at his question, realizing she hadn't planned on anything else but the Batman Premiere. As a response, she shrugged out of indecisiveness and smiled. "I guess I haven't thought it through. I thought we'd just rest at the hotel for the next few days and walk outside from time-to-time."

Kiro raised his eyebrows in surprise "but I thought you wanted to see the world? That's what you told me!"

Constance let out a small laugh "Of course I want to travel... but I thought I'd just figure it out when I get there, there's nothing more satisfying than going..." Constance slurps a bit of her tea before looking at Kiro with a slightly mischievous smile "Into the Unknown!" She started singing the chorus of the song, but while the notes were soft it was loud enough to catch the attention of people sitting nearby, she looked around in embarrassment as she saw others looking at her. Even though her makeshift audience was smiling at the delightful sound of her voice, her ears turned red "Sorry, I'll keep it down."

Kiro, unable to contain himself, let out laughter that could warm even the coldest of hearts. Constance nudged him, still embarrassed "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" She replied hastily to Kiro's response, she then leaned her head on his shoulder as if to hide herself from all the embarrassment she exposed herself to. He stopped laughing as she did so and asked her softly "You wanna get out of here, superstar?"

"I should be asking you that!" She laughs a little as she speaks, prying her head away from his shoulder.

An hour or two passed by until it was time to board the flight. Constance's hand hangs from the shoulder strap of her travel backpack while the other sways freely as they stood upon the walkalator patiently. Kiro was rambling on about his onset stories, from small pranks to embarrassing moments, making the girl feel as though she were included in his story each time he speaks.

They eventually entered the aircraft, plane ticket in hand to search for their respective seats in the flight. Constance was surprised to find that there were screens that stuck out in each seat. Her eyes were full of amazement as the two stride along the aisle to reach two empty seats by the window.