Meet the new employee

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, my wife is a cardiac nurse," Ryker told me.

"My brother is studying to be a nurse," I mentioned.

"Are you related to Parker Gray?" Ryker asked.

"That's my older brother," I answered.

"I met Parker. He's a good guy," Ryker said.

"Yeah, he never gave up on me," I mentioned.

Ryker looked at me with his blue eyes. "The people that matter never does," he said.

"Ryker! Ready?" A guy asked. We looked, and the guy looked similar to Ryker except for brown hair where Ryker had red hair.

"Yeah, let me get my schedule," Ryker said, walking away.

I walked towards the guy. "Who are you?" I asked curiously.

"I'm Ryder Michels. Ryker's twin brother," Ryder introduced himself.

"Presley Gray," I said, shaking Ryder's hand.

Ryker came out of the office and walked over to his brother. "Later, Gray," Ryker said.

"Later, Michels," I said as they walked away. I went home to check on Kaylee. Hopefully, Pax wasn't driving her nuts.

Kaylee

I sat on the couch as Pax brought me some lunch. "I think that should do it," Pax mentioned.

I looked at all the food on the coffee table. I didn't understand why Pax brought all this food to me.

"Just out of curiosity, but why so much food?" I questioned.

"Well, you need to eat, and I don't feel like running back and forth, playing nursemaid," Pax remarked.

"Did anyone tell you that your bedside manner sucks?" I asked.

"Ask me if I care?" Pax asked, smiling.

Presley came into the house. He looked at the food and arched an eyebrow. "I said monitor Kaylee," Presley said.

"I did," Pax mentioned.

I shook my head. "Where are the others?" Presley asked Pax.

"How the hell should I know? I'm not my brother's keeper," Pax retorted.

We looked at Pax strangely as Parker and Payton came into the house. Presley called Pat and put him on speaker.

What? Pat asked with irritation.

"Stop sucking face with Britt," Presley answered.

Excuse me, but I'm not into jumping my girl like you guys. Pat answered.

"You sure about that," Presley mentioned.

Pres, I'm this close to coming home and beating your ass. Pat warned Presley.

"Well, then you don't want to hear that the lawsuit got dropped against Parker and me," Presley said, surprising everyone, especially Parker.

Say what?

"We have to testify if it goes to court, but Caleb told me that Jaime had the charges dismissed," Presley said.

Everyone got quiet, then Parker let out a scream, "Woooooo!"

I chuckled and grabbed my side as I watched Presley and his brothers scream and holler, jumping on each other. Presley broke free and walked over to me. He knelt in front of me.

"You never gave up on me," Presley said, looking at me with his steel-grey eyes.

"We all need someone to believe in us," I reasoned, smiling. Presley nodded and leaned in, kissing me.

I put my hands on his face and kissed him back. Presley made sure he was careful with my face and ribs. He pulled back and looked at me.

"Now Eliza has her justice," I said as Presley and his brothers nodded.

Eliza's death was tragic and easily preventable. When you suffer trauma, it makes it difficult to tell people. How do you tell someone that another person violated you without feeling like it's your fault? Every person has a story, and it's our job to tell it if they can't. Sometimes they need a voice when they can't speak for themselves.

Lex

I sat in a chair as everyone discussed plans when our boys return home after school.

"I think that's a wonderful idea," Nana mentioned.

"We contacted everyone, and they all agreed to come in for the party," Dad said.

"It'll be good to see everyone again. With family scattered, you don't see everyone as you did," Grampa mentioned.

"I still remember the day we married. It was one of the best days of my life," Nana told Grampa.

"What were the other times?" Grampa asked.

"When I had the boys," Nana answered, smiling.

Grampa chuckled.

My phone rang, and I answered. I listened as Presley told me the news. "That's great, Pres. We have much to celebrate," I said, hanging up.

Piper looked at me with confusion.

"Jaime got the charges dropped against the boys. If it goes to trial, they have to testify. He's hoping the guy takes the deal he's offering," I said.

Piper looked at me, then started crying. I got up and walked over, pulling her to me and hugging her.

My parents, grandparents, and uncles looked at us, smiling. We needed good news after everything that happened. Family is everything to us, and our legacy lives through our children.

People say your immortality comes from your children. I think it extends throughout generations of your family. Grammy left us one hell of a legacy, but I wouldn't want it any other way.