Gasping, Taylor dramatically replied, "Oh, shut up! If you're trying to get a reaction from me you've done it, I'm reacting, I miss you."

"I miss you too but I'll be home soon before you know it. Why don't you go downstairs and get yourself a couple of those graham crackers that always help you sleep, put on my sweater and try to get some rest, alright? Call me when you wake up."

"Okay," the blonde sighed, "I love you."

"I love you too, sweet dreams."

Hanging up and walking down to the kitchen, Taylor couldn't help but smile on the note left on the box. It was just like Grace had done years before, a sweet little post-it right on her favourite midnight-snack.

I love you. Remember that distance makes the heart grow fonder.

+ 13 million hugs and kisses

- Grace (aka your most favourite person in the whole world you wanted to get rid of for a week and now you miss :( haha I love you baby) <3

She wasn't wrong. Taylor missed her badly, regretting ever implying she could use a few days to herself.

Taylor did make it to sleep that night, her arms clutching Grace's pillow while her body was dressed in the sweater neither of them knew who actually owned anymore, it just seemed to be passed back and forth in between loads of laundry.

The singer was fairly certain it was in fact her sweater, however she wasn't absolute about it and therefore it was easier to simply not argue. She thought it always looked better on her fiancé anyways.

The days went by and soon enough it was the day before Grace was supposed to be flying home,  Taylor was in the studio with Jack working on the final touches to the album and she had been really pushing to have it done by the time Grace got home.

As she was staring down at her phone and trying to find the right words to tweak a lyric, it started to ring.

"Hey, I gotta take this call. Be back in a second," Taylor told the producer as she stood up to leave the room.

Jack simply nodded and continued adjusting the dials to produce a sound more like the one the singer had described to him, not minding her stepping out.

"Hi," Taylor smiled as she sat on the couch in the room just outside the one she left.

"Hey Tay, how are you doing?" Grace asked in her usual, cheerful tone.

"I'm okay, how are you?"

"I'm alright, I miss you. What are you up to?"

"I'm just working with Jack and we're probably going to ask Parker to order some lunch soon."

Grace paused, "You're at the studio?"

"Mhmm," Taylor hummed in response, "Just finishing 'rep' up."

"Oh that's good, sorry I didn't mean to take you away from that. By the way, does Jack uh- does Jack know about us?"

"No, I didn't tell him. I mean, I think it's obvious he knows I'm in a relationship but I didn't specifically tell him anything, why?"

"I'm just curious," the brunette replied, "Would you ever be okay with telling him?"

"Yeah, I don't care. You're asking a lot of weird questions right now, Grace. Everything alright?"

"Yeah, yeah! Everything's fine, I'm just bored and miss you. I'll let you get back to it now though, I love you."

Before hanging up, Taylor answered, "I love you too. Call me before you go to bed tonight."